Would this annoy you?

I babysit for little boy during the week. When I started watching him his mother said that she would drop him off around 7:00 in the morning. Well it seems like everyday it gets later and later. I get up early so that I am ready when he gets here but it ticks me off when he doesnt show up till 8:00. I could have slept in later! She still pays me the same so thats not an issue. Its just annoying for someone to tell you they will be here by a certain time and then they just take their sweet time to get here. Would this annoy you or I am just overreacting?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:27 AM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• get ready then lay on the couch and cat nap until he gets there. If the pay hasn't changed it isn't a big deal
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 9:30 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Yes it would annoy me, I have had this happen in the past.
    But she is still paying you the same amount..I would find something to do in the morning
    before he gets there..
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 9:32 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I agree with Zata. I would get ready and then nap on the couch until he gets there.
    njmommy2boys

Answer by njmommy2boys at 9:33 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• OMG! I know exactly how you feel, I too do some babysitting only I have 4 toddlers and there is 2 mom's that do that to me. I get up early so that I may b ready for them bc they tell me they will b here a certain time and boom they don't show up till they feel like it. And the times that I have dose off and they do finally come I just tell them I must of dosed off everyone here is taking a little nap. But I do know what you are going through,,,it sucks. Why don't they just call and let us know something right. Or if they are not going to show at all...they need to call.

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 9:38 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I suppose it would annoy me some. I hate when people are late. It's so rude! Just take that extra time to tidy up or catch up on things around the house until he arrives. As long as you're still getting paid, I wouldn't worry too much about it.
    nowhinning

Answer by nowhinning at 9:39 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Yes I know how you feel. I have this little girl she is 11 years old. First off if you are wondering why a 11 year old almost 12 year old needs a sitter. She is a friend of mine's niece. They can't trust her to leave her home she has a.d.h.d she goes to school so I only watch her in the summer time and on Saturdays. I don't ask for anything because she is older she more helps me lol. But it anoys me because she will call to make sure she can come over she will tell me she will be at the house at 8am and doesn't get there until 9 sometimes a little later than that. I think to myself I could had stayed in bed a little longer until the kids woke up lol. What I usually do is get ready unlock the door and then lay on the couch and doze off until she gets here lol. But it isn't just you it anoys me too lol
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 10:13 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• although sometimes it annoys me too because she wont call me Friday night so I figure she isn't coming over this week ten she calls me at 7 in the morning on Saturday morning and asks if I can watch her when I am still in bed lol. That I think anoys me even more because I think she isnt coming over then calls me early in the morning
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 10:16 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Honestly this sounds like something that I would do. I am the sort of person who starts out on time and then gradually I get later and later. I don't know why I just can't make it out of the house on time. Especially not with a little one. I wake up earlier, it doesn't help. I shower at night, it doesn't help. I'm sorry you find it annoying, but at least you're getting paid for your time.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:51 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Somewhat. But what would really annoy me is parents expecting a longer day of care at the same rate. When I had a daycare, I had parents of two little girls that estimated that they would drop off the kids at 8am & pick them up by 4:30-5:00. They started coming earlier like 7:30am & picking them up as late as 8:30 pm. (I was open until 9pm). And half the time they "forgot" to bring payment on Friday. I finally had to set a ten hour limit on day care hours with an extra "per 1/2 hour " charge for overtime. And a late fee for payment not recieved on Friday. They got better but only after they realized I was serious about the late fees. I can't imagine why anyone would want to leave their kids for 13 hours at a stretch.
    Darkwolf

Answer by Darkwolf at 10:53 AM on Mar. 10, 2009