when did i concieve?

I've been puzzled by this. It's driving me crazy actually....I had my LMP August 18th (it was 9 days late) so I should have had it on the 9th. Anyways, my due date is May 16th (confirmed by two ultrasounds). When I gave the Dr. the date of my LMP he told me I measured a little bit farther along and gave me a due date of May 16th rather than May 25th. So I'm trying to find out when I actually got pregnant. Is it possible I got pregnant August 4th? or the 23rd? Or could it be either of the two? If it was the 4th...wouldn't be my due date be later?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:40 AM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• banging head into wall

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:44 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Thanks. really.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:54 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Im a little confused, with me my due date is May 26, but i consived in the very begining of September, since my last period was August 20, and i get my period every 28 days. sounds like you concived in the beging of August.
    BigSurprise2

Answer by BigSurprise2 at 10:20 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• then wouldnt my due date be off? if i got pregnant at the beginning of august wouldnt be due date be late april?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:28 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Normally, you conceive 14 days after the first date of your LMP. If that was August 16th, I would put the conception date at August 30. But that is based on a "normal" 28 day cycle & "normal" ovulation. If you conceived on August 4th, you would not have had a period on August 16th because you would already be pregnant. Again, though, that is based on a "normal" calendar. Some women have a period after they are pregnant. Based on an August 30 conception date, your due date would be May 23. Of course, as we all know, babies don't really care about the calendar & will come whenever they please. Sure, it can be fun to try & figure out exactly which time got your pregnant but in the end, baby will be born when baby is ready to be born & all the calendars in the world won't change it. Best of luck!
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 11:25 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• If I concieved on august 4th and had a due date of may 16th does that mean (possibly) that i didnt actually have my period...it could have been implantation bleeding? and then if that was the case, would my due date still be may 16th? im just trying to figure out how someone who got pregnant in the beginning of august would have the same due date as someone who got pregnant later in august.....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• its just a due date not a date the baby will come lol all babies are different and will come when they want to and not before then
    Anonymous

• if u had ur period August 18th, then u would have gotton pregnant after that. You wouldn't even had a period, most people, if u was pregnant. If you don't have periods sitll being pregnant like some do then u got pregnant after August 18th. I think that's why the first answer posting anonymous put that face banging it's head in a door because it is really obvious
    Anonymous