what foods are safe for a almost 9 month old?

Asked by firefly922 at 12:28 PM on Jun. 18, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Mashed banana, avocado, rice gruel (sp?) runny oatmeal.

Answer by unique_puzzle at 12:29 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• any food they wn't choke on...

Answer by mrsgibbs at 12:31 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• At that age it is almost easier to answer that ISN'T safe.

Allergies and special circumstances aside, many foods are safe. is a great resource for foods and recipes.

Foods that my daughter was eating regularly at that age:
    chicken, ham, yogurt, veggies, fruits (nothing acidic), pasta, egg yolk, human milk and we had just started cheese as well

Answer by jaycee1124 at 12:31 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• have you tried adding cereal to the formula/breast milk bottles you feed her?
    if this is going well try her on ONE type of baby food, you want to feed her for about a week on the same food to be sure she isnt having any bad reactions - allergies and etc. - because if you are feeding her several types of food you wont know which ones are actually giving her the problem.
    so gradually increase the types of baby food she eats and make sure you give them enough time if they are going to react to know which one it is.

Answer by vakatia at 12:32 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• If you are looking for finger foods, I have found the best thing for my daughter :) At walmart (and I am sure any grocery store) they have little cups of peas and carrots They are like fruit cups but they are veggies.

Answer by ChasinYourHeart at 12:35 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• My son is 9 1/2 months old and eats pretty much anything we do. He also is still on formula, and baby food. He LOVES the puffs from Gerber and biter biscuits.

Answer by Evansmom9607 at 12:43 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Gerber puffs, Baby foods, breads, pancakes, baby cereal, dry cheerios, soft fruits.

Answer by momoflilangel at 12:45 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• my twins eat everything I eat plus baby feed chicken nuggets,french fries,waffle,pancakes,goldfish,spaghettio's. Their development nurse had me start them on finger foods at 8 month just make sure they're really small pieces.

Answer by Lrose250 at 12:53 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Check out the baby food section, i used lots of that stuff and some of our food while mine were still on baby milk.

Answer by amybuddy45 at 8:48 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Check out these websites.
    good luck!

Answer by CallmeQ at 12:39 PM on Jun. 19, 2008