Disco Themed Bday Party..

We're really tight on money right now and my step-daughter is turning 13. Any ideas on at-home projects I can do to make Disco Themed Decorations??

MJ_BN_FE

Asked by MJ_BN_FE at 10:13 AM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• cardboard or construction paper that is black could be cut into circles too make records. I would do small records and tie them with fishing wire so it is hung like door bead style or just from the ceiling at different lengths. A disco ball may not be too much at walmart or spencers and open up the floor for dancing and get some good music. familyfun.go.com has alot of ideas and says you can make a disco ball with a beachball and cover it with reflective stickers. check out that site. You could make a cake that looks like bell bottom jeans...
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 10:32 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Hi, use a styrofoam ball about 6-8 inches or more indiameter, cover in broken mirror peices with hot glue, but first put a long enough wire or string or whatever thru the ball to hang when done.
    One stobe light, can find at wallmart or target and you'll hve the atmosphere set. Next music, food and fun.
    dblshotexpresso

Answer by dblshotexpresso at 10:15 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• My best friend and I thought about making a disco ball once, but she found one online with a light for not very much money. Just search online and keep at it and you should find one.
    casperskitty

Answer by casperskitty at 3:23 AM on Mar. 12, 2009