Is this Michelle Obama's cause?

Since the previous post of this is gone, my question is, will helping the homeless being our first lady's cause? I am not informed enough on her of late to know if she has picked a cause to champion.

Here is the link to the picture:
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2009/03/michelle-obama.html

QuinnMae

Asked by QuinnMae at 10:15 AM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• i think that her helping the homeless will not only open her eyes to what this great country has come to but she will be able to point a lot of stuff going on in the real world out to her husband. so that he can make better decisions.
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 12:44 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• If this becomes one of her causes it will be a good one and maybe she will get to see how the economy is affecting so many people. It will be great to have her talking at the dinner table with the President about her day and the people she meets. Will give him a better look at how the policies in Washington affect the real people.
    foreverb3

Answer by foreverb3 at 10:21 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I think that her cause is President Obama's call to volunteer. So I expect we will see her volunteering in many different places, and that is a great example in my opinion.
    Fiveofakind2

Answer by Fiveofakind2 at 10:21 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I think helping the homeless would be a very worthy cause. And technically, anything she champions will be volunteerism, wouldn't it?

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:30 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I don't know but it would be a great cause for her to take on.

As far as that article is concerned, the couple snapping the photo do not appear to be homeless. Odds are they heard Michelle was going to be there and wanted to stop in and see her.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 10:31 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Or maybe they were volunteering too.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:32 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Do you think that she will make others want to go out and volunteer?
    Fiveofakind2

Answer by Fiveofakind2 at 10:34 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Answered at 9:34 AM on Mar. 10, 2009 by:
    Do you think that she will make others want to go out and volunteer?

Personally, not any more than I already do volunteer.  I don't find her particularly inspiring, but I am sure some do.  I can't attest to their wanting to follow suit though.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:39 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• As much of a supporter as I am, I have never found the causes of the First Wives to be something I want to follow suit on. I do my own thing too. But it was a nice gesture.
    Fiveofakind2

Answer by Fiveofakind2 at 10:47 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I have read that she wants to wait until their girls are adjusted to the new environment before picking a cause. So I suppose right now her 1st cause is to be a good mom and I think she was looking into Education in the DC area as a cause she was looking into bc she will be with the girls.

I think she is a really classy and interesting lady, so I am sure that any cause would benefit from someone with her intelect and generosity of spirit.
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 10:54 AM on Mar. 10, 2009