Would you forgive your husband if he had an affair and got someone pregnant?

A very close friend of mines has been married five years and honestly thought she had the perfect marriage. Her husband just admitted to an affair with his secretary and she is pregnant and planes to have the baby

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:26 AM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Relationships

• No, I would never be able to forgive and forget. I couldn't live with the fact knowing that my husband's mistress is bareing his child... simple as that!
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 10:31 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• This happened to my mother in law. Her husband cheated on her and the woman came up pregnant. She had to test like 11 other men to find out the father! She is also a drug addict and has lost custody of her children. My mother in law is now raising this child. It can be done if both parties can move on. Personally, I couldn't. I do see some resentment that my mother in law has for this child and that's not fair. She does her best to love him and take care of him but I can't even imagine how hard it would be. If she thought she had the perfect marriage and this happened, it sounds like they have more problems than just the affair and the love child!
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 10:28 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• NO!! I would kill him! Guys are pigs and your lucky if you find one thats not! I know I am lucky! I feel so bad for your friend and I have hormones right now and this makes me really mad!! And I dont even know her!!!
    ashley_hatty

Answer by ashley_hatty at 10:28 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• AHHH I am so mad about this! I am so not for abortions, but she is having his baby! Whe you make a baby its out of love, thats why they call it LOVE MAKING!!! ERRRRR... I am really annouyed about this and dont know why! I would pack his stuff up and put it on the front lawn, no way would I move out, he screwed up let him life in a motel! Or in his office, I bet he would love that!
    ashley_hatty

Answer by ashley_hatty at 10:34 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Put his dick in the blender... Maybe that could ease her pain?
    I couldn't take the hurt... If that ever happened to me... I think I'd do something I'd later regret.
    lara_b

Answer by lara_b at 10:36 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• He was irresponsible enough to not use protection when he had sex. Your friend should at least get tests for STDs. Now he will have the responsibility of another human being, and as the child's father should help bring him or her up in addition to providing money for child care and education. His child's welfare has to play an important part in his planning from now on. His life has changed. Your friend's has also, since the child's care will take some resources that otherwise would have gone to your friend. She should treat the child gently, it isn't the child's fault that his or her parents didn't bother with reliable contraception. Would I forgive? Perhaps. And I'd make an appointment for my husband with a urologist for a little snip snip. *evil grin*

Answer by Bmat at 10:37 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• mine has had affairs of lust no babies resulted. he knows to never do that again because of what i can do to him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:37 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• NO!!! Their would be know way in hell I would try to work it out(the marriage).. If he messed around.. If I was stupid enough to stay we would never have sex again..

Answer by louise2 at 10:37 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• PERSONALY, I DONT THINK I COULD.. I THINK IT WOULD EAT AT ME .. AND MAKE THE RELATIONSHIP HELL TO BE IN...
    ASHLEY1436

Answer by ASHLEY1436 at 10:40 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Many things happen in life we have to decide if we can deal with. It's up to her what she's capable of. My h did. I forgave him but then he kept cheating with others and I knew I was not the right person for him and I left. Forgiveness frees her from torment. It doesn't release him from his responsibilities for his actions so she doesn't necessarily have to forget; however, I'm a big one on telling people to learn from all experiences even the ones with a negative impact. Turn the negative into a positive. How? that part is up to her.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:45 AM on Mar. 10, 2009