Why insult the Brits?

Prime Minister Brown of Great Briton, our sister country, gave Obama gifts which is the normal way of doing things. His gifts were of historic value of our country. Our president in retun gave the PM 25 DVD's which the PM can not play in his home due to differences in dvd makers. Obama also returned the bust given to GW of Churchill as a show of unity for 9/11. As one would expect, the people and media of GB are highly insulted at the snub of our president. Why would our president do such a thing to one of our greatest allies?

foreverb3

Asked by foreverb3 at 10:29 AM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Since PM Brown is losing his eyesight, I found it tasteless. Also, Obama's gift doesn't have the significance that a gift to the PM of another country should, IMO.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:40 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Cuz he and his wife are a Klassy couple.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• njmommy2boys

Answer by njmommy2boys at 10:32 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• well, i missed yesterday and am curious as to how others view this.
    foreverb3

Answer by foreverb3 at 10:37 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Do you have a link that says they are annoyed?
    Fiveofakind2

Answer by Fiveofakind2 at 10:39 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Then read the link I provided. LOL
    njmommy2boys

Answer by njmommy2boys at 10:39 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Five ~ I searched all day yesterday and couldn't find anything to confirm the story.
    njmommy2boys

Answer by njmommy2boys at 10:40 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1159627/To-special-friend-Gordon-25-DVDs-Obama-gives-Brown-set-classic-movies-Lets-hope-likes-Wizard-Oz.html
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:42 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Well, in the article, apparently we have a long tradition of insulting the Brits. Hopefully, and I feel pretty confident in saying this, Obama and his wife will make it up to them. And I am guessing it would be in private, because if I make a mistake, I try not to blare it from the rooftops either.
    Fiveofakind2

Answer by Fiveofakind2 at 10:46 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• The Obama's do not like the British because of their history in the slave trade and colonialism.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on Mar. 10, 2009