Anyone Else Get Dizziness during their period? TMI

this is the second time this happened in about 6 months. I went to sit up in bed and I felt like the room was spinning and now I feel like crap moreso than usual.

Im bleeding normally, not heavy at all, no clots or anything but gosh I feel so gosh darn dizzy. i started last night.

Anyone else get this way and have ideas how to get beyond this dizziness?

lilmizmoore1127

Asked by lilmizmoore1127 at 10:30 AM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Health

• Could be low iron. I've had that happen, the dizziness. I would stand up quickly and get darkness in my peripheral vision and have to quickly sit down.

Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 10:36 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I do this to the point of nausea. I thought that it was normal. I will help you search.
    aerocrombiester

Answer by aerocrombiester at 11:02 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I have that happen too. It is probably low iron or you might be dehydrated. When I have my period, I tend to eat a lot and not drink as much.
    peppermintmocha

Answer by peppermintmocha at 11:03 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I've done this all my adult live, I have low iron, dr wants me to start taking iron pills the week before my period to help me out because of my anemia, it does help out, but I sometimes forget to take them!!! It's always been normal for me so I don't worry about it much.
    INDIANAMOM

Answer by INDIANAMOM at 11:04 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I know some of you may think its gross but if you have low iron eating liver is the best thing for you. Liver is so nutritious and loaded with iron. Have it with spinach salad and always have some vitamin C with iron to aid in absorption. Your body absorbs more iron from food than supplement and you wont have to deal with the constipation from iron pills.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 11:11 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Thank everyone for the info. I do tend to be iron deficient so Im suspecting now that might be the problem.
    lilmizmoore1127

Answer by lilmizmoore1127 at 11:14 AM on Mar. 10, 2009