What's Your Secret to Making Cabbage Rolls with a tender Meat Filling?

Every time I make cabbage rolls, the meat filling is so hard! Am I mixing it too much or what? Do you make cabbage rolls that have a soft, tender filling? If so, please share the recipe!! Thanx!

BlessedMommy64

Asked by BlessedMommy64 at 10:33 AM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Food & Drink

• For a softer meat like this you can add a little milk and make sure you don't mix it as much, you can make it tougher when it is over processed, I'd also make sure all the other ingredents re cooked first like the rice or whatever else you use in it.
    INDIANAMOM

Answer by INDIANAMOM at 8:32 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• do you add raw rice to the filling??and cooking in liquid?

chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 11:21 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• When I make them I used precooked rice. Make sure that you don't fy your hamburger on too high of heat either. You want the meat to just barely be cooked through.
    kimmykim

Answer by kimmykim at 12:04 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I use 2 Lbs ground beef, 1 egg, worcestershire sauce, and a couple of other things. I also add instant rice and I cook them in tomato soup with some sour kraut and sliced kielbasa. I have never cooked the meat before stuffing the cabbage with it. When they are all done, the meat is so hard, not soft like I have them at different places.
    BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 12:17 PM on Mar. 10, 2009