What would you do if your neighbor did this?

My neighbor has 2 dogs and he just lets them poop all over the neighborhood. He picks up their poop about once a week, but I think that is not good enough!! We have a dog and I love dogs, but I feel as a dog owner we are responsible for picking up their waste. How do you think I should approach him on the subject without causing bad feelings?

KathMW

Asked by KathMW at 10:38 AM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• When you see it happening on your yard, run out with a baggie and with a smile hand it to him and say here ya go, this will help.

Answer by Bmat at 10:40 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Your neighbor should pick up the poop right after it was pooped! It's common courtesy. Just let him know that you don't appreciate your neighborhood being his dogs personal pooping ground and that you feel he should clean up after his animals or keep them in his own yard.
    nowhinning

Answer by nowhinning at 10:40 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Oh I forgot to mention that he also does not keep them on a leash.
    KathMW

Answer by KathMW at 10:42 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Ha Bmat that would work! I hate pickn up dog poo and I need to remember to start carrying a bag with me on walks.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 10:42 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Is he walking the dogs when he does it or does he just open the door and let the dogs roam freely? If he's right there then catch him in the act and say "You know it would really be better if you could curb your dog right away. I know you try to do it once a week, but that doesn't really seem fair to the rest of the neighborhood does it? We have to worry about Sparky's land mines all week except for that one day."

My mother has three dogs, they only go in her yard and she still scoops it up every day! I know it's a lot of work, but that's what owning a dog is about. You wouldn't change your kids diaper once a week right?
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:42 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• HE just opens the door and lets them out in his front yard. The dogs do not poop in their own yard just everyone elses.
    KathMW

Answer by KathMW at 10:44 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Just put waste bags in a box at his front door. If you see him coming go in your front yard and bring it up that you compliment him (even though it's a lie) and thank him for not dumping in your yard with you dog, that you can't believe how some owners, you don't know who, just let their dogs dump any where. It's the keep your enemies closes and worst enemies closer way of thinking. I used to have a neighbor who let his dog off leash on walks and the dog would run all over the front yards to dump. Thank God my yard was too far away, they just never walked to my end of the road. GL!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:46 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I would do this..

Funny Pictures
    Anonymous

• you're lucky your neighbor bothers to pick up the poop. i have neighbor dogs (have no idea who they belong to) and they LOVE my yard! i have a 14 month old daughter who likes to play in the yard, and luckily most of the poop is one general area. but i still have to watch my step. our dog is trained to only poop in certain areas, like the ditch- and she is walked on a leash, as dogs should be who do not have a fenced in yard. if i see the dogs in my yard, either i run out or i have hubs run out and yell at them. it drives me nuts!
    i like bmat's idea of handing him a baggie though. i wouldn't have a smile on my face though, i'm sick of my neighbors ignoring the leash laws around here.
    MaMaLaLa369

Answer by MaMaLaLa369 at 10:47 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Anonymous that is too funny!! :)
    KathMW

Answer by KathMW at 10:47 AM on Mar. 10, 2009