Would you donate your eggs?

One of my closet friend found a couple of years ago that fertility treatments in order have a have a child. Back then she thought she would never get married or have kids, so now that she been married for awhile she trying to conceive. One of the Infertility Treatment Options was to have egg donated from someone, so she asked her sister if she would and she said NO...

SO My question is would have donated your eggs for your sister or friedn who wanted to have achild and couldn't????

sunshinestar110

Asked by sunshinestar110 at 10:41 AM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I would do it in a heartbeat, without any compensation. An egg is not a baby and it is like donating sperm, just not as easy.
    dddd2776

Answer by dddd2776 at 2:18 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Sadly, no, I couldn't. I would really want to but knowing that it was genetically my child would really eat at me. I wouldn't be able to do that.  Telling that person no would be a very hard thing though.

DDry

Answer by DDry at 10:43 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• i would for my sister or someone close to me... It would be an amazing honor i think if someone asked me to help them out with something so amazing.
    kwiseman19

Answer by kwiseman19 at 10:44 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I would do it for a sister probably, maybe a very close friend. But I wouldn't do it for a stranger
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:44 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I would only donate if the couple would pay for all the treatment , and would pay a big some of money to me. Donatine eggs is not like donating sperm.

Answer by louise2 at 10:46 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• For my sister yes....for anyone else no. It was crazy to me the number of college girls that would sell their eggs for $3000. College campuses are a big place for recruiting for egg donors. The process is apparently very painful for the donor and requires hormone shots, ect. I wouldn't want to mess with my body like that.....plus the child would be genetically yours. I couldn't get past wondering what my child was doing in the world. Would it look like me? act like me?
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 10:49 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• i would...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:57 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I wouldn't, because the egg would still be my child and I am solely responsible for the upbringing and well being of my children and I couldn't trust anyone else with that responsibility, not even my sister.
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 11:29 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Idk if I would donate my eggs but if my sisters or a close friend couldn't carry a child I would surely be a serogate...I pretty much love being pregnant and to help someone else have the children they want would be an honor.
    gettingfat89

Answer by gettingfat89 at 12:16 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I've looked into it, but honestly it doesn't really appeal to me. All the hormone treatments and the time it takes. And you have to keep in mind that they're basically giving you fertility treatments, so you have to be extra careful for a few months if you don't want to conceive a baby (or babies). And there's not enough research on effects yet to make me comfortable with it. If it was a situation where a close family member or friend wanted my help with having a baby, I would be more likely to offer a surrogate pregnancy than an egg donation, but even that's a bit iffy. It's a big decision, whether the baby is going to be raised by you or not, something that has to be thoroughly reasoned through and all parties involved (including husbands) have to agree to 100%. If anyone has any doubts, then it's probably not the right thing to do.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 12:32 PM on Mar. 10, 2009