What to do think of the three strikes law?

In some states if commit three felonies you will be sentenced to life in jail.

Yellowrose9

Asked by Yellowrose9 at 10:47 AM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think it is a great idea. I mean if you can't learn your lesson the first two times then you probably won't learn the next 5, 10, 15 times. Jails and Prisons were created to rehabilitate criminals so if they can't be rehabilitated then yes they should have to stay in prison. Besides, it is not hard for an average citizen to stay out of trouble.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:51 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I feel ,that the law has to set a limit somewhere,and if it is a felony,then it is usually a serious crime.So if ya can't do the time,don't do the crime.
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 10:49 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I think it is good...how many chances should someone get? I think 3 is plenty
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:04 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Its good in theory, but in a state like California, our prisons are filled with criminals who committed white collar or drug-related crimes. I don't think someone should get life in prison for harming themselves. It should only pertain to crimes against another person. I couldn't care less if someone screws up their own personal life.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:18 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Too harsh in some circumstances
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 11:40 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I think it's about 2 strikes too many, but it's a good start.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 1:12 PM on Mar. 10, 2009