• In the Spotlight:

DOES ANYONE ELSE HAVE A PROBLEM BELIVING IN GOD???

AND WHY BAD PEOPLE GET AWAY WITH SO MUCH AND GOOD PEOPLE ALWAYS HAVE BAD THINGS HAPPEN TO THEM..PEOPLE ALWAYS TELL ME TO HAVE FAITH AND BELIVE .. BUT ITS HARD FOR ME TO BELIVE IN THINGS I CANT SEE.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• im sorry but i disagree.. I believe in God 100% and that is not true if you have God in your life you are not going to have bad things happen and if you do God wants you to go to him and he will con fort you... I love the Lord and he has been so good to me and my family..

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 11:05 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I have no problem believing in God. I'm one of those "good" people that had BAD things happen. But what I found out was that my faith got even stronger then. I don't look to GOD as an answer to all my problems, or lifes problems. I try to look at the grand scheme of things, yes bad things happen, but alot of the times, so many good things come out of those. It's hard to explain. But no, i've never had a problem believing in God
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:07 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• First of all, God does not create evil; he allows it to occur. When he originally created the world, he created all things good. He created people, however, with the freedom to choose. This includes the freedom to make right and wrong choices. Often those wrong choices bring about consequences that end up hurting ourselves or other people, sometimes innocent victims who didn't deserve it. God could intervene and control everything about our lives -- the good and the bad -- but then we would merely be robots and not truly free. He could even force us to love him if he wanted, but then forced love isn't true love. He gives us the freedom to choose or not to choose him, the freedom to live and enjoy life, and the freedom to make right and wrong choices. Unfortunately, we are left to deal with the consequences of our own and other people's actions.

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 11:13 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• con't
    First of all, the God of love is also a God of justice. For all those who make wrong choices, hurt innocent victims, and get off scot-free, a time is coming when they will face the consequences of their actions. God is the Ultimate Judge, and in due season, God will judge everyone for all their deeds. "Nothing in all creation is hidden from God's sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account" (Hebrews 4:13). Second, God often uses the trials of life for a greater good, often to develop our character and make us better people. And we are able to help others in similar circumstances. Trials also force us to see what is important in life, and often drive us to God when nothing else will. We see the importance of faith, of love, of caring, and of family and friends

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 11:15 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• cont...
    Third, God has provided a way out. A time is coming when there will be no more suffering. In heaven, people will enjoy a paradise beyond imagination. God has created a place of eternal glory where there will be no more crying, pain, sickness, or death; a place where people will share his joy forever. Finally, God does care. He never promised life would be problem-free, but he promised to be with people. Jesus himself felt love, compassion, and sorrow, and was drawn like a magnet to those who were hurting. God, in his love, wants a relationship with us. "For God so loved the world, that he gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him will not perish, but have eternal life" (John 3:16).

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 11:16 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Well, yeah.

That's part of the reason I'm agnostic.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:25 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• i don't think bad only happens to good people..it happens to everyone. problem is, some people think that depending on how 'good' they live their life, their life will reciprocate...there's good and bad in the world for everyone..some tend to put conditions/stipulations on who/how/what should be allowed to happen to us, whether we are good or bad. some things happen because they just do!
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 11:25 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Funny, we blame God when things go badly, but we give ourselves the credit when things go well. Maybe, just maybe, we have it backwards. We should take the credit for the bad and give him credit for the good. We love to assign blame far from ourselves and hold praise close. Humans are just weird that way. Don't worry, God is a "big boy". He will take it all if you just give it to him.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 12:14 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• BlessedMommy answered this question well. I have nothing to add except that I have no trouble believing in God.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:49 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• i believe in god and bad stuff has happened to me and my family but if it had not been for god we would not have made it through the bad times...
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 1:22 PM on Mar. 10, 2009