Will your husband do administrative tasks for your family?

I do 99% of the family admin duties....pay bills, medical appointments, taxes, car registrations, vet appointments, register for school/camp/sports, organize taxes....

There is 1% that I need my husband to do because for some reason it is related to him.... make his own doctor appointments, call for things in his name (Ex. contact his HR for our Insurance)... and I have to pratically beg the man to do it and weeks can go by before he will do the simplest task. It is infuriating....he just says "I don't like to do admin stuff."

Oh....and I do. When was I nominated to Secretary of the Family? And why is it that a man that would build me a new house cannot make a phone call???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:01 AM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Relationships

• I have the same job as you...I tell my DH just to call me his Secretary. I think we(women) are just better at this type of stuff.

Answer by louise2 at 11:05 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I am somewhat of a control freak. I do handle all of that because I would rather it be done correctly. My husband is very ingelligent and can do it himself. But he doesn't want to and I can't blame him for it. I am better at that kind of thing even though I don't really like it. I would rather just take care of it myself just in case there is a problem later, I already know all of the information. But he understands that he is not to ask me for help when it comes to "manly" things. I do not want any part in fixing things around the house and I do not want to mow the yard or anything like that. I will call a repair man if he can't do it but he has to be there to supervise. It's about balance for us.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 11:08 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• My husband handles all the bills, but I do all the scheduling. It works for us.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 11:09 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• LOL, my dad is like that...I tease him all the time!

My husband doesn't like doing those things but he will if he needs to.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 11:17 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• My husband does all the bills. He does scheduling just as much as I do. He also does most of the cleaning.....yeah, I'm pretty lucky!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• not mine either, I Literaly have to put the phone ringing in his hand before he cN OR WILL MAKE ANY CALLS!!!
    Anonymous

• ugh, i do all that too, we recently had a "discussion" about it, still have to see if any is actually going to change
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 12:10 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I have to admit I'm one of those people. I'm normally very outgoing, but in some situations, my anxiety acts up and I just feel better if hubby can handle it....
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 7:24 PM on Mar. 10, 2009