Just a quote that stuck in my head now with a ? attached to it...

Has anyone ever wonder why God(s/ess) are not among us? Now hear me out something I heard in a movie (which I will quote) got me thinking about this...OK, now think about it... If a God (s/ess) created all that we have why are they not among us or are they ashamed/afraid of what they created?
And I don't mean in spirit form or in your faith form, I mean in literal human form.
The quote:
'Do you think that God stays up in heaven bc of fear of what he has created here on earth?"
The movie is "Spy Kids 2" and the phrase was brought on bc of creatures that a scienctist created and seems to now fear.
Now I know that this seems to come off as a funny/dumb question, but it got me thinking of some of the other posts of late...and just seem to have stuck in my head so I thought I turn it into a question or opinion post...

gmasboy

Asked by gmasboy at 11:13 AM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Seeing no one has ever seen God, how do we know he isn't already on Earth? It does make me think though. I asked the priest at my old church how to explain God to my then 6 yr old. He had the best answer ever. He said the God is everywhere. He is the trees, wind, rain, flowers, etc. He is also the feeling you get when you do something wrong and the joy you feel when you do something good. God is the feeling you get from helping others and doing something good for no reason. God is there but we just can't see Him.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 5:29 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• No, I don't believe God is in Heaven for fear of what he created.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 11:15 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• it was told to me that god has too much substance to fit inside a human body. if that makes any sense.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• why would God (or gods/goddesses) want to be in human-form? why would He/they want to be like us...that might take away part of His/their Godliness, to be likened to a human..God(s) are higher beings than we...its part of what separates us..which could bring on another post-topic, if i didn't have to get to work! lol
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 11:19 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• In human "Form" but maybe NOT human... do you understand what I am saying?
    Not taking away anything from them, but letting themselves be more present among humans.. also wouldn't that also allow others to believe in Him/Them more?

Like I said the phrase just caught me while we were watching the movie the other night and after reading some of the other posts lately I thought I throw this one in... it seem to have just suck in my head... lol...

gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 11:24 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• God is with us always. Is he ashamed or afraid? NO, BUT HE IS SAD WHAT MEN DO. We have free choice and some choose the wrong way.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:24 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Try watching Dogma (with Matt Damon & Ben Affleck). ;~)
    AuntyL

Answer by AuntyL at 11:34 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Well pending on the religions.. some say that they have taken form before.. through Jesus, or I know in Greek and Roman mythology, they would a lot. Sorry, still sipping on my coffee and my mind isn't awake yet, so names are eluding me right now... lol.

But in all honesty, I don't believe that they have because I don't believe in them.. so it's hard to answer this question.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:37 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

No but will talk to K tonight and see about renting it this weekend thou... LOL... thanks Aunty

gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 11:42 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

Now that is what I thought too..thru-out religion history and mythology these God(s/ess) had been here, (ok so it was said to have been) but why not now? ...lol... see it's still suck in my head like a bad song...lol...

gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 11:46 AM on Mar. 10, 2009