How do I plan a cheap party?

Okay. My friend is getting married and I am throwing her a bachlorette party. She is very shy, hard core christian and wants a clean party. Fine with me! We have picked a restaurant and a couple of clean games....

What kind of prizes and favors can I have that are CHEAP, but classy??? There will be about 15...possibly more...there. TIA!

MamaCass07

Asked by MamaCass07 at 11:27 AM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i kno at walmart , like by the pinitas and cards theres all kinds of wedding things , and it seems REALY reasonable ... they sell alot ... for prizes and favors u can NEVER EVER go wrong w/ candles!!!!!!
    tha-hawt-mommie

Answer by tha-hawt-mommie at 11:29 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• dollar tree!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• You may be able to find some book marks that are the pretty bent wire with a ribbon on them. Thought of that bc I have one for my Bible and love it.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:36 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Well you could do cheap "spa" baskets...a votive candle (Yankee is my favorite), with travel size lotion in a nice scent, a loofah or exfoliating glove, etc. These should be mini baskets not full size, to keep cost down. Christian books are also good if you have women who enjoy reading. Debbie Macomber is one of my very favorite Christian authors. Bible covers are good if most of the women there are Christian.

http://www.bookcloseouts.com/default.asp?N=0&Nty=1&D=bible+covers&Ntk=Default&Ntx=mode%2Bmatchallpartial&Dx=mode%2Bmatchallpartial&Ntt=bible+covers&submit.x=0&submit.y=0

AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:00 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Go to the Dollar Tree, there is one in Gallatin. They have a LOT of bachlorette party favors and of course everything is a dollar...or less! So check out there and you will be fine. Plus you are creative I am sure you can come up with some activities and decorations if you need extra ideas.
    bmotterbacher

Answer by bmotterbacher at 12:32 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• chk out this site http://www.theshowerfoundry.com/brshfa.html
    Nycutie2707

Answer by Nycutie2707 at 1:54 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Thanks to all of you sweetie ladies! Now I am on the right track! I think the dollar store will love me when I get out of here tomorrow or Thursday! You ladies rock! One more reason I love this site!
    MamaCass07

Answer by MamaCass07 at 2:37 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• You can make custom candles cheap. Get cheap pillar candles (Dollar Store) type out some nice scripture that your friends loves on your computer, cut it out to fit candle. Lay on candle, cover with wax paper and use heat gun (or hair dryer) and melt wax slightly to cover you scripture and viola! you have a cheap, beautiful and custom gift that will remind the guests of your friend. I bet you can even do this on smaller candles.

I did this for our unity candle and printed out scripture that was actually read by a friend of ours during our ceremony........is your friend having scripture read at her wedding?

Just my 2 cents
    StuffnFluffLady

Answer by StuffnFluffLady at 1:53 PM on Mar. 11, 2009