anyone know the site where they send ur child a letter from the president?

we're ordering things about the presidency for the baby to have wen she gets older , and i seen that but cant find it now

tha-hawt-mommie

Asked by tha-hawt-mommie at 11:35 AM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• My children all received them when they were born.
    njmommy2boys

Answer by njmommy2boys at 11:43 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• do u think i could order one for my son also , hes 4 lol ... i didnt kno about this til recently and id like for him to have one also
    tha-hawt-mommie

Answer by tha-hawt-mommie at 11:49 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I am going to wait till we have a better president.
    misskimmy62

Answer by misskimmy62 at 12:01 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Name and home address of baby

Form of address (Mr., Ms., Mrs., Dr., Miss, etc.)

Exact date of occasion (month, day, year)

Your (the requestor's) name and daytime phone number

Baby's Birth (Include baby's date of birth and full names and address of baby and parents)

Submit congratulations request AFTER the baby is born by:

Fax:
    202-395-1232

Mail:
    The White House
    Attn: Greetings Office
    Washington, D.C. 20502-0039

OR Web Mail:
    White House Web Mail
    njmommy2boys

Answer by njmommy2boys at 12:04 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• It was on the White House website. I'd suggest you call the switchboard and ask...

http://www.whitehouse.gov/contact/
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:04 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• OP, if you want to contact them for a letter , please spell out everything. Don't use "U" instead of "You" for example. Be mature.
    Anonymous

My gosh, this is the internet not Electrical Engineering or Professional communications class. I think you should take your bitterness elsewhere and leave the OP alone. She was just asking an honest question to which you gave a very immature response to. Seems like your the one who needs to grow up.
    Anonymous

• My children have letters from George and Laura Bush. I believe in order to get one, your child has to have been born during the time when the current president is actively in office--both of my children were born while Bush was in office, and since I supported him, and wanted a small token to commemorate their births from the White House, I made the requests.

I also think you have to make the request while the President is still serving. In other words, you cannot request a letter from Bush, even if your children were born during his terms in office, just like you cannot request a letter from Obama if your children were born before Jan. 20, 2009.

Then again, so much has changed in the past 6 weeks, who knows WHAT the rules are now!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 1:43 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Am I the only one who received letters without requesting them?
    njmommy2boys

Answer by njmommy2boys at 4:05 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• gotta love the anon posters ... shes obviously too immature to post who the hell she really is lol
    tha-hawt-mommie

Answer by tha-hawt-mommie at 5:15 PM on Mar. 10, 2009