Why Won't my Husband Get a Job!?

He's been off of work for two months now! I left him already and he talked me into coming back saying he'll get a job! He's laying on the couch sleeping right now!! He always says " I don't feel good".. I'm SO sick of this. His daughter's 13th b-day is next week and we can't even throw her a party. It's not like if I get a job he's going to take care of the kids and clean house.. All he does is lay around.. Why won't my husband get a damn job!??

MJ_BN_FE

Asked by MJ_BN_FE at 11:37 AM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Money & Work

• There are hardly any jobs. We're in a recession.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:36 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• Because you haven't really set your foot down. You need to committ to a timeframe. A month and still no job then you are gone for good. Just like with a child you must be consistent or they will walk all over you. GL!
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 11:40 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I would leave him for good and get on with my life.

Answer by louise2 at 11:45 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Have you asked him why he's not trying to get a job (and let him know in no uncertain terms you are aware he is not really trying at all). If he complains of not feeling well, call and make him a dr appointment and drag his butt there, bet he'll change his story when they find out nothing is wrong with him (or if there is something wrong then at least they will find it!) Sleeping a lot can be sign of depression, so have him be evaluated for that too. If after all this, he refuses to get a job, you kick his butt out (unless the house is all in his name!) and you get yourself a job. If he sees your are serious he will make his decision soon.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:24 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• You need to give him a kick in the ass and then an ultimatum, either get a job or get out.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 12:24 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Leave him and work yourself while your child is at school.Don't support or depend on a man like that.That is ridiculous! He should be taking care of you!
    sweetest-sin7

Answer by sweetest-sin7 at 12:58 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I so would not put up with a man who didn't work.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 5:08 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I agree with AprilDJC...get him to go to a dr and make sure he isn't depressed. If he's not and still doesn't get a job...THEN leave :)
    tandknix

Answer by tandknix at 6:09 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Well, of course he's depressed.. We're completely broke and can't pay our bills.. I'm depressed too, but I still have to take care of the kids, clean house, and do his laundry for him...
    MJ_BN_FE

Answer by MJ_BN_FE at 10:57 PM on Mar. 10, 2009