Would you rent a stork sign to announce your new bundle of joy??

Thinking about starting a company on the side. It would even have a keepsake star or baby bundle with the personalized info to hang up in the nursery.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Well I don't know, my husband is a deputy and we've never heard of anyone warning parents against announcing the birth of their children! People put out balloons all the time, I don't see what the difference is!
    I think it sounds adorable personally, and I'd have no hesitation setting one up (or hinting that I'd love to see one greeting me as we pulled in from the hospital!)
    Jennifina

Answer by Jennifina at 11:54 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Law enforcement officials warn parents NOT to post signs like this in their yards where the public can see. It signifies that there is a new baby, and increases the chance your family could be victimized. I would never do this.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Like the kind you put in your yard? A lot of neighborhoods actually have rules against things like this. Mine does. Besides, there are crazy people out there and I don't want to take any chances in those crazy people coming to steal my baby!
    Anonymous

• I think it's a cute idea. I might not spend the money on it- but that's because I'm cheap. Someone else might though =)

We did have balloons and "It's a Girl!" sign on our porch thanks to my MIL. But we do live in a fairly safe town.
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 12:11 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• We have always put balloons on our mailbox... for births & birthday parties..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 12:14 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I love the idea of the stork...HOWEVER, I personally would never do it because there are to many crazy people out there.
    ljliammama

Answer by ljliammama at 12:26 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• never hospital here and doctors beg parents not too post things like this around do too crazy people they even tell you not too get the baby on board signs now for cars thats how weird people get too have a baby
    Anonymous

• No never !!!!! why announce there is a new baby so pycho will stalk you
    Anonymous