Co-Sleeping

When did you stop? Was it a super difficult transition?
My 7 month old has slowly weazled her way into our bed and it is fine now, but I am wondering how hard of a habit it is going to be to break.

kboney29

Asked by kboney29 at 11:37 AM on Mar. 10, 2009 in General Parenting

• On dd 2nd bday (Oct 31) we started putting her in her own bed. she did great with the transition. but in december she went into the hospital for a week & when she came home she came back to our bed (our choice!)... I think by April we will start putting her in her own bed again.. I dont think it will be a problem.
    If you wait until they are 2 or so, you can make it exciting for them..And they feel like a "big boy/girl" thats what we did with dd. got her the glow in the dark stars, and just made a big deal out of it.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 12:17 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I have a friend that still co sleeps with her school aged daughter, if she doesn't her daughter will throw a huge fit. I think it would be hard to break the habit for the LO. Especially if you've seen how hard it is on that super nanny show to break the co sleeping habit. Your daughter is still young though. GL
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 11:41 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• We never co-slept with our children. We feel like our bed is our personal space and ours alone. However, there are some families who co-sleep for years and years. That's their personal choice. I know people who started letting their children sleep with them and when they decided it was time for them to go back to their own beds, had a really difficult time. If co-sleeping is not something you want to continue when the child gets older, I would put a stop to it now.
    nowhinning

Answer by nowhinning at 11:42 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I enjoyed cosleeping and did with all of my kids. If you let it go they will naturally move to their beds eventually. :)
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 11:43 AM on Mar. 10, 2009