If you have the baby before the shower, does it get canceled usually?

My friends scheduled my shower like a week before my due date..so would it be canceled then if I have the baby before then?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• No, you can maybe push it back and include the baby. My mother in law waited so long to have mine that I had already had my son by the time she got around to throwing me a shower. It was about 3 weeks after I had him. It was great because I was able to share him with the people I cared about. It also sucked because then I was really picky about who could come into my house with my baby being there and because by then, the baby was here and I had needed everything before that. I would see if the baby shower could be pushed up or maybe pushed back a little just in case.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I would say the same thing ~ when my friends have delievered before their shower dates, we usually just rearranged the party so the baby would be included in the fun!
    Jennifina

Answer by Jennifina at 11:52 AM on Mar. 10, 2009