TMI question sorry TMI

I think I've had a yeast infection once in my life, now I have itching on the outside of my vagina no discharge no odor, what could it be? I have to wait till Friday to go see the doc.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• The itching may be sure to dryness. No discharge or odor, doesn't sound like a yeast infection.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 11:44 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• you could always buy the vaginal cream for itching to hold you off until friday...
    mrsross5

Answer by mrsross5 at 11:47 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• maybe an allergic reaction to laundry soap??
    SyndiB

Answer by SyndiB at 11:51 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• It could still be a yeast infection (or some other kind of infection), or it could just be hormonal changes from pregnancy. Get some Monistat to use until your appointment (just the cream on the outside where it's itching), that should help you feel better till you know for sure what's going on.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 12:24 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• When I was pregnant and had a yeast infection .. I didnt even know it! I went to the dr for cramping/aching really bad and she done a test and said i had a BAD yeast infection. I had noticed a little itching on the outside but didnt think anything of it since it wasnt accompanied by the discharge and stuff. so it could be a YI.
    JmgBlair

Answer by JmgBlair at 12:55 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• could be, try the Summer's Eve cleansers. I dry out real bad sometimes, and it itches, and when i use that non-soap wash for sensitive skin it generally corrects that for me by restoring the pH... might give it a shot, 3$ for the bottle, and it should last you a couple months, at least.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 1:17 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Sounds like a yeast infection. Get the cream to help you out until Friday when you'll be able to find out for sure.

Also, you could try going panty-less or wear loose fitting cotton ones. And after you shower, make sure you are completely dry down there, you can even use a hairdryer on low. That should also help with the itching.
    Anjeey

Answer by Anjeey at 1:43 PM on Mar. 10, 2009