what would you do if

your mom and MIL joined every single website you use to vent about them?

I'm scared I'm going to have to go into hiding behind the anon avatar because they're finding me! Facebook, myspace, i'm sure they'll be here soon!

matobe

Asked by matobe at 11:44 AM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Oh I have one of those. She stalks my facebook page. I have learned to not care. I say whatever. She is one that should be ashamed of the 'spying'.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 11:45 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I would say "to Hell with it". I usually speak my mind to my family anyway. But, that's just me. I can understand how it would frustrate a person.
    nowhinning

Answer by nowhinning at 11:49 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• well I try not to tell my family everything but in general if they read it they already know how I feel
    too bad they want to stalk you
    gitanomadre

Answer by gitanomadre at 11:49 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Say what you need to say. If they are spying maybe they should know.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:50 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• It's not like they are stalking you. Any one can be on these sites. My two daughters are on cafemom. I don't hide.

Answer by louise2 at 11:50 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• i find it rather sad, because that's about the only place I have to vent, and believe me, there's plenty to vent about! my mom's married to my stepdad, has been for almost 18 yrs and she hauls off, moves out, and gets serious with a boyfriend... yes, it aggrivates me. and MIL has put DH and I in about 62k worth of debt.... so yes, I have plenty to vent about, I'm just afraid that if they follow me here I won't have anywhere else to go! lol!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 11:51 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I guess I'm lucky in that area. My MIL wouldn't even know how to on a computer and my mom thinks stuff like online social sites, paying bills online, etc. to be very dangerous. LOL! My mom is also not that much of an outgoing person, so she would never join just because she wouldn't get in and network or anything. CafeMom is pretty big and it's not like they're going to follow you to every group you join and you can always not show what groups you belong to on your page and have your own secret group to vent in and they won't know about it. The other idea is like what OP have put, say what you mean and mean what you say and if they see it oh well they shouldn't be "spying" on you. LOL Good luck!

brwneyedgirl314

Answer by brwneyedgirl314 at 2:56 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Remember matobe you can go Anonymous
    Anonymous