What kind of meals did you cook when baby was first born?

That was quick and nutritious?

Apr1l

Asked by Apr1l at 11:45 AM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Use the crockpot. I would put everything in when she was sleeping and slide the insert in the fridge. then The next morning I could just pull it out and plug it in.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:47 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• The couple weeks before my due date I made and froze a ton of meals. Soups, meathballs, meatloaf, chicken parm. Then I would just have salad and veggies on hand to make the meals complete. It was a life saver the first few weeks.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 11:47 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I do not remember I was in a fog.lol
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:47 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Lots of pastas, crock pot meals, and included a lot of frozen veggies. Other people also offered to cook for me, so I took full advantage of that.
    Emmy_Dollface

Answer by Emmy_Dollface at 11:49 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I know it's bad but lots of those frozen one skillet meals, or hamburger helper with veggies and spices thrown in
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 11:57 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• My husband and I do roasted veggies once a week. We buy red potatoes, zucchini, sweet potatoes, and cauliflower (and whatever else we're in the mood for). We chop them up, put them on a baking pan, coat with Olive oil and desired seasoning and cook on 350 for 30-40 minutes and then turn it up to 400 for 10 minutes. They take a while to cook but it's so tasty and good for you!
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 12:06 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• We do a lot of the frozen vegitables (especially the ones you can pop into the microwave). In the off season like it is now, frozen is healthier than fresh (see my journals for why frozen is healthier). We also purchased packs of pork chops and packs of chicken breasts and froze them. Each night we place a new meat in the fridge to thaw for the next day. We would also cook some roasted potatoes to go with it or brown rice. The crock pot is also great.
    Anonymous

• I was the Anon above. I don't know why I clicked Anon lol

We do a lot of the frozen vegitables (especially the ones you can pop into the microwave). In the off season like it is now, frozen is healthier than fresh (see my journals for why frozen is healthier). We also purchased packs of pork chops and packs of chicken breasts and froze them. Each night we place a new meat in the fridge to thaw for the next day. We would also cook some roasted potatoes to go with it or brown rice. The crock pot is also great.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 12:36 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I made up a lot of meals and froze them before I delivered. I had enough for the first couple of weeks. After that, the crockpot was my best friend!
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 12:53 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• my hubby made dinner and i love it when he cooks anyway. i think he cooks better then me anyway. also we had a lot of sandwitches. i didnt really change that much.
    Anonymous