tell me WHY you seriously can support him still

when he insults one of our greatest allies?

http://www. washingtontimes. com/news/2009/feb/24/exorcising-churchill/

and he signs for the release(that IS what the closing of Guantanamo is)
of men who have SAID they planned 9-11....
http://www.comcast.net/articles/news-general/20090310/NEWS-US-GUANTANAMO-DOCUMENT/

TippyD

Asked by TippyD at 11:51 AM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Because I live in America and I can support whomever I choose.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I have never supported him.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 11:58 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I am just trying to understand how a person can, I need reall reasons, not just becasue I am an american...
    TippyD

Answer by TippyD at 11:58 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Yeah, I'll be waiting for an answer to this one too...Is it all that HOPE floating around??? All the CHANGE?? I heard that the DVDs he picked out were formatted to American players - the PM couldn't even watch them if he wanted too. What a CLUELESS ASSHAT.

misskimmy62

Answer by misskimmy62 at 12:00 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Because I can.

That is a real reason. Not everyone needs to follow your guy. Don't be so arrogant.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 12:01 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I don't presume to know what the president is thinking but as far as the Churchill bust, maybe it had something to do with his views on Islam. Considering the "War on Terror" and Obama's desire to work with countries that are predominantly Muslim he may have felt that bust sent the wrong message about the US stance on that religion.

About the guys in Gitmo, first closing the facility does not equal releasing everyone detained there. Second, why on earth would you believe the word of so called terrorists? Sounds like they are trying to make publicity for their cause.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 12:04 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• A lot of people really need to watch the show 24, there are things that are not pretty that we have to do to get results. These sick people want to kill all americans, they hate us. They will stop at nothing to do us harm. And what, are we supposed to hug it out??? Seriously. These people have done so many wrong already, they deserve the treatment they get at Gitmo. And its going to be a sad day when they close down Gitmo.

Wow, and the Churchill thing, what a slap in the face, way to go...
    navyma23

Answer by navyma23 at 12:06 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I support him because he is our President and I do agree with many of his views. (Not all of them, that's for sure) I supported President Bush while he was in office as well. I also teach my children to respect those in office. I have taught my children about the positive impact Obama is trying to make on our country just as I did with Bush. You don't have to agree with all of the President's policies or decisions but you should support him as the "Leader" of our country.
    njmommy2boys

Answer by njmommy2boys at 12:09 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I ditto Friday. She said it first.

Navyma....you do realize 24 is a fictional tv show, don't you? It's not a news broadcast!
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 12:09 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Returning the Churchill "bust" was a dis-respectful slap in the face. jmho
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:10 PM on Mar. 10, 2009