High Blood Pressure

This is the second time in two weeks I've had a pretty high blood pressure reading (149/88). I am scheduled for an induction next week since I will be 41 weeks at that time, but I would like to just go ahead and get it over with since natural birth isn't looking like it's going to happen anyhow and the high blood pressure makes me feel horrible and I worry about the baby's oxygen and nutrition. Has anyone else had their OB induce due to high blood pressure and is it even an option? Bed rest is not an option for me either, I am here alone with my 2 year old all day long with no family nearby, so unfortunately it's not feasible.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:00 PM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Induction is going to reduce the amount of oxygen your baby will get then having high BP will. There are a lot of things you can do to remedy high BP. walking daily, increase protein consumption to 80mg daily, garlic, cucumbers, melon, nettle and dandelion herbal teas are all excellent ways of lowering your BP!
    cali4niachef

Answer by cali4niachef at 12:44 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I am having same prob. I am almost 36 weeks and he said that if not better by 38 he's inducing at 38!!! AHHHHHH!
    babyruby02

Answer by babyruby02 at 12:11 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Thank you. What foods to eat and not to eat was something I had asked about, but no one knew the answer to.
    Anonymous

• I was induced because I had toxemia, which includes high blood pressure. THe doctor induced me 10 days early. As soon as the baby was born my high blood pressure was down. Sure there are lots of ways to reduce high blood pressure, but sometimes when you're pregnant they don't work. Induction isn't as bad as people make it sound, at least for me. My baby was born without any complications.
    Anonymous

• I was induced for high blood pressure as well.

My baby was also born just fine. And my blood pressure returned to normal almost directly afterwards.

I believe high blood pressure is common in pregnancies, but it's still something you shouldn't mess around with.
    Anjeey

Answer by Anjeey at 1:40 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I was also induced because of high BP...but mine was 170ish/158. Your BP that you have now is lower than my BP at 5 wks....I think you are ok, but if you are concerned talk to your doc.
    Anonymous