curly hair advice

I have hair that is curly. Not little curls, medium sized. I have tried lots of different shampoos and cond. and haven't really found one that does what I want. I want to let it air dry and not be totally frizzy or poofy and I want it to last as long as possible. What do all the curly headed ladies on here like.

GMR

Asked by GMR at 12:02 PM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• TRESemme' (Anti-Frizz secret) you can get at any drugstore,Waldgreens,CVS, its a smoothing cre'me. Its say Smooth on the side. I have long red hair thats curly, and gets frizzy in humid weather. after you wash your hair, while still wet ,a little in hand, run it through your hair. You can blow dry or air dry, but it won't get frezzy,and keeps a nice curl. I don't like straight hair also- to much trouble for me to keep it that way, this works great and don't cost much at all..
    Somma

Answer by Somma at 1:56 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I need an answer to this for my daughter, lol. She's still little but her hair is unmanagable! I feel weird putting product in her hair at almost 3 years old.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 12:04 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I always air dry my hair, its a lot less frizzy than if I were to blow dry it, then I put a small amount of coconut oil in it and distribute evenly then iron it, the oil gives it a shine ( you only use a little otherwise it will look greasy!) I have to iron my hair that's the only thing that keeps it under control.

Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 12:30 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Thanks for the coconut oil info, but i don't want to straighten it, I just want something that helps it look good curly.
    GMR

Answer by GMR at 1:00 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Quantum makes a curl revitalizer spray that you spray on when hair is either damp or dry and you scrunch the curls in. I put it in comb it through and scrunch as it air dries. I've used it and I've used it on my youngest daughter when she was 2 and 3 (since then, her curls have grown out)
    tikigoddess

Answer by tikigoddess at 3:07 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• TRY BIOSILK-SILK THERAPY. THEY HAVE IT AT THE SALON IN WALMART ANDABOUT EVERYWHERE. THE STUFF WORKS MIRACLES!!
    YARDVARMENTSMOM

Answer by YARDVARMENTSMOM at 3:30 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I gotta mark this question down.

I've been straightening my hair all the time because I don't know how to make it look good curly. When I let my hair air-dry, it looks like I was raised in the woods. My curls are just a giant rat's nest.

I gotta get me some coconut oil!
    kimberleee382

Answer by kimberleee382 at 3:40 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Tiki, I've gotta scrunch- spray sort of thing.....

But it tends to make my hair look crunchy.
    kimberleee382

Answer by kimberleee382 at 3:42 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I use leave in conditioner then silk fusion, then a little bit of a mouse.... then blow dry while scunching! =)
    staceybelly9

Answer by staceybelly9 at 4:16 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I have very curly hair that I usually straighten but when I wear it down I've found three products that work together well. Where I live its really really humid so you know they're good products if my hair doesn't frizz out really bad when I use them! lol.
    Try ADVANCE TECHNIQUES Anti-Frizz Capsules and try the Mark Curl Goddess line up! I LOVE the Mark Curl Goddess products! They're way better than the TIGI products at a fraction of the price. www.youravon.com/dhullum use code fsany for free shipping! Also it makes a huge difference to buy a detangling comb (avon has one of those too) Don't use a brush on your hair it will make it really poofy. Use a detangling comb with those products and airdrying it should look beautiful! It works for me :) GL!
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 8:36 PM on Mar. 10, 2009