DO YOU HATE??

WHEN YOU SEE PARENTS BUY THEM SELF ALL THESE NICE CLOTHES AND SHOE.. AND THEIR KIDS AR WEARING OLD RAGGEDY CLOTHES.. THIS KILLS ME..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:07 PM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Relationships

• THATS CRAZY AN YES I SEE IT EVEN ON MY STREET! I LOVE BUYING FOR MY CHILD, I EVEN SPEND THE ME MONEY ON HER!!
    Anonymous

• yes i spend money on my kids before myself always if i have it kids first ...
    haw1234mom

Answer by haw1234mom at 12:11 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I actually knew someone who did that once, I asked her why she got brand new name brand clothes while her kids got these aweful clothes that sometimes didn't even fit, she told me that since she worked that she deserved nicer things.....we are no longer on good terms. Me personally, I would want to see my daughter dressed in something nice that fits, no matter what I had to give up for her to have it.
    heratyc

Answer by heratyc at 12:12 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• ha, it's reversed in my house, me and hubby go around in clothes with holes, litterally, while the baby is dressed to the nines with all the coolest toys
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 12:12 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Yep, or I will see parents go and get fast food for themselves and tell the kids, no they can eat later when they get home. I understand the home food is (hopefully) healthier, but dont eat in front of your 4 yo and tell them to wait when it is their dinner time too!
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 12:12 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• what's worse is when parents complain they're living paycheck to paycheck yet they think its necessary that their kids wear all these cool clothes and shoes that they will grow out of in like 4 months.

Anonymous

• ok, so growing up, there were girls that rode the bus with me to school. one was the family's actual child, the other 3 were foster children. the family's child wore dr marten's boots to school in 4th grade, and buckle jeans in 6th grade. all too many times the other 3 wore their pajamas to school because foster mom didn't wash their clothes, and TWICE I noticed one of the girls having a bloodstain on her pants from where she'd had an accident. SAAAAD situation!

Foster mom and dad were arrested and charged with fraud, using the foster children's state aid to support their family and not use it toward the well-being of the foster kids.

True child got steak and potatoes on occasion when mom and dad did, foster kids got hotdogs or mac and cheese.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 12:14 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I used to buy my children the nice name brand clothing then, I got tired of throwing them out after only 3 wears because they've worn holes in the knees or got stains even Shout can't get out. Now, I buy their clothes at Wal-mart. They have a few nice outfits to wear to church or out to eat with the family. I can buy my 5 year old a new pair of shoes and the next day, they look like they came out of the trash dumpster. Kids are rough on their clothes. It's ridiculous to spend alot of money on clothes they are only going to destroy or are going to grow out of. My oldest daughter is now getting to the age where she is taking better care of her clothes and I buy her nicer things now. I wouldn't judge too quickly, that raggedy shirt may have just been bought last week from Baby Gap. lol
    nowhinning

Answer by nowhinning at 12:14 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• MY KIDS COME FIRST .. I HAVNT BOUGHT MY SELF CLOTHES IN FOR EVER.. I WILL BYUY THE KIDS CLOTHES FROM ANY WHERE THEY DONT HAVE TO BE NAME BRAND . BUT THE WILL BE NICE.. AND I WONT GET ME CLOTHES BEFOR THEY DO..
    Anonymous

• I hate that! When I see it, I always feel really upset. I mean It's one thing if a woman is dressed that way for work, but I usually see women dressed trendy, it news clothes with nices bags and worst yet, the latest cell phones. It's digusting. I really hate it the worst when the kids clothes don't fit or are dirty and the kids hair isn't done and the mom looks like she walked out of a hair salon.

BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 12:40 PM on Mar. 10, 2009