Do you tell your child to "hit 'em back" or "go tell the teacher"?

My daughter came home Friday and said that this little girl hit her and she went and told the teacher. Well her teacher told her to go sit down. Yesterday she tells me the same thing so I go to the school to see whats really going on. The teacher tells me they are just being kids and she'll separate them in class. Hell I look at the girl she looking like she need to be in the 9th grade. Well what about recess and stuff. I want to tell my daughter so bad that next time that girl hits her knock the living mess out her. I don't won't to condone violence in my home but I don't won't no kid bullying my baby. I know how cruel school can be.

diamondmamma

Asked by diamondmamma at 12:15 PM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I grew up under the terms of,

"Never let your bluejay mouth override your sparrow hiney." (I used that to my advantage to girls talking smack!)

"If you're going to hit, you'd better be prepared to get hit back!" ("Hit me, beyotch! HIT ME! I DARE YOU!")
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 12:17 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• the teacher obviously aint doin nothing so i would tell my child to knock her behind out and when they question her about it she has already told the teacher and you have already went up there so it wasnt any other choice. i say hit em lol
    JuJu_Bean

Answer by JuJu_Bean at 12:21 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I have been having tyhis problem with my son too. After a few weeks I did tell him just to knock the crap out of the kid, and no matter what I would back him up with the school. I also told the teacher I was encouraging him to defend himself, and they took things alittle more serious after that.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 12:24 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Isn't it weird how different school is NOW for kids compared to when we were in school?? I think its really unfair that kids can't even defend themselves because they get grouped right in with the bully who hit them FIRST!

Your daughter will get in as much trouble if she hits back, and I think more often than not, the second kid to do the hitting gets noticed. I would request a meeting with BOTH the teacher and the principal and explain what this teacher told you, and that you are NOT happy with what she said and you expect something more to be done to control this bully. If that does not bring any results right away, I would threaten to go to the school board and the media. One thing a school does NOT need is publicity about how its not helping to protect its students!!
    littlejreece

Answer by littlejreece at 12:24 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Nag the shit outta the teacher then go to the guidance counselor,safety officer, then the principle, they do have peer couseling and it works believe me. I know how very bad you proabbly wanna smack the little brat yourself, but I don't think she should hit her back. When it comes to personal safety or personal property its always ok to tell!!!!!!! Tell them you want someone sitting in observing the class and if the teacher harrasses your child or is mean to her, keep those conferences coming. at least one every quarter. Mine are 18 and 13 it paid off very well andthe teachers respect me. I always killem with kindness! BULLYING IS UNACCEPTABLE ANDTHE STAFF KNOWS THAT IN THIS DAY AND AGE!
    pepperannrocks

Answer by pepperannrocks at 12:25 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• oh my kids will be raised if they are hit they can hit back. I was raised that way. My kids know they are allowed to defend themselves.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 12:27 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I was having a meeting with the teacher and the girl that hit my daughter came by and I was pissed and I told that little girl you better not hit my daughter again. Her mother called me angry thanks to the teacher. I just told her, what had happen. I made her understand with a low voice that her daughter hit my daughter for no reason. All my daughter told her was that she had a pretty back pack. Then the mother said sorry my daughter has issues. That was the end of it. Do not let it go on. She should know if someone pushes her push back. In school you do have to stand up to a bully.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 12:29 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I would go to the higher up and tell them you will not deal with your child being bullied and that the teacher isn't doing much about, and go that fine if you don't wanna help with this problem i will have my child knock this child down for being a bullie and she will not get punished,,
    Anonymous

• I THINK TELL THEM TO TELL THE TEACHER.. AND IF THE TEACHER ISNT DOING ANYTHING ABOUT IT . THEN ME PERSONALLY. ID TELL MY KIDS TO KNOCK THE HELL OUT OF THEM.. I DONT WANT MY KIDS GETTING BULLIED. BECAUSE IF SHE TAKES IT FROM ONE ,ALL THE OTHER KIDS ARE GONNA SEE THAT AND THEN .. IT WILL BE MORE THEN ONE KID MESSING WITHT THEM .. AND IF THE TEACHER AINT GONNA FIX THE PROBLEM. THEM WHAT ELSE ARE THEY SUPPOSE TO DO.. IF YOUR KID HITS HER BACK.. I BET THE LITTLE GIRL WILL QUIT MESSING WITH HER..
    ASHLEY1436

Answer by ASHLEY1436 at 12:29 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I tell my kids never start a fight, but if someone hits you, hit em back and RUN to the teacher. I will handle any consequences with the school. I also tell them if the kid is huge, then come home and tell me. I will go to the school.
    Anonymous