What did you do when your due date was near?

Did you stay at home most of the time, what did you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:19 PM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Cleaned, cooked & froze meals, read, napped, enjoyed the peace a quiet.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 12:21 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Went about business as usual. All of my kids came 2-3 weeks early so I never made it to my due date.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 12:22 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I never got near my due date, lol, my first was born a month early and my second was a month and a half early.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 12:25 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Went about my business a usual. I went out to eat the day my DD was due....she was 10 days late.

Navymama

Answer by Navymama at 12:28 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I worked up until my due date. Then I cleaned my house and rested and basically did whatever I wanted. I didn't go more than 3 hours away from my hospital though. I went into labor on Thanksgiving day in the morning and refused to go to the hospital until I had eaten my freaking turkey! I had helped my husband cook and I was looking forward to eating it. I had labor contractions every 5-6 minutes during dinner and I ate and washed the dishes afterwards too. Then we went over to the hosptial lol.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 12:33 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• The best advice I can give is to stop watching the calendar. You get so attached to that due date, and towards the "end" of your pregnancy, you just want the baby to come already. Watching the calendar is only torture...especially if your due date comes and goes, and still no baby~it can be upsetting.

So, I say the last month, put the calendar away and just try and keep yourself busy with other things!
    Best of luck...may your labor be quick, smooth, and pain-free!!
    ---
    Katie
    Support Specialist
    skinlaboratory.com
    KatiePeel

Answer by KatiePeel at 12:48 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I walked, A LOT. And slept =] Everything the baby needed was prepared months before my due date -.-;
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 12:54 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I was on bedrest for the 10 days before my DD came, but while I was on bedrest I found out I was going to be having a c-section so I just made everything was in order, made sure the house was clean and pretty much went about my business. I went shopping the day before I had her.
    efmeador0709

Answer by efmeador0709 at 12:57 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I tried everything I could do to go in labor, castor oil, sex, spicy food, walking, ect. Nothing worked! I had to be induced a week late. But, I did try to enjoy as much sleep as I could b/c I knew it'd be a long time before I could get good sleep again.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 2:00 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• There are 2 pieces of advice I have:

1. Know your limits -- some women can still do hard physical labor when they are 9 months pregnant, some need to bed rest, and most fall some where in between. So do as much as you are capable of without over extending yourself.

2. Don't count on your due date - only a small percentage of babies are actually born on their due date. So have the baby's room and your hospital bag ready to go several weeks before your due date but don't be suprised if your due date comes and goes and your still pregnant.
    MrsAce150

Answer by MrsAce150 at 2:20 PM on Mar. 10, 2009