Need workout help

Okay, well this summer I want to get back to my before baby body... last summer I slacked because my daughter was still a baby, and this year she will be a toddler, and I want to be able to get back into a bathing suit without feeling uncomfortable, so we can go to the beaches.
Does anyone have any workout ideas? For any body part.. thighs, tummy, arms.. those would be the biggest areas I want to work on. I know obviously having to eat right, etc.. but I want exercise plans that work on those areas on my body.. looking to loose about 10-20 pounds. Any suggestions?

xxhazeldovexx

Asked by xxhazeldovexx at 12:22 PM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Also go to Prevention.com and click on their videos and diets. Their videos will help you define the exercises and routines they suggest. I can't read how to do a particular move and feel like I'm doing it right. I have to see it. :)

I'm not sure if they still have their "Summer Body Challenge" loaded from last year, but that really helped me tone and lose lots of inches. I am doing it again since I added more holiday weight back on, and it works every time. Its a complete routine of kick butt exercises that tone several muscle groups in one move, so it also makes you burn more calories than a movement that works one muscle. I wrote them all down and even do them at the gym, then 20-30 min. of cardio.

Don't forget to warm up at least 5-7 min. before you begin your routine.
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 5:47 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• not sure where middle port is but, check to see if you have a baby boot camp in your area.
    you can bring your daughter, hang out with other moms and get into shape.
    Anonymous

• As stolen from my boss' personal trainer because why pay one when she'll pass on his advice for free? :)

Do combination workouts - do 15-20 minutes of strength training, alternating where you focus each day, followed by 20-30 minutes of cardio right after. Doing the strength before the cardio makes them both more effective. A few days each week, skip them both and do flexibility work like pilates.

We got a machine from Chuck Norris years ago to do the strength part, and for the cardio I alternate between videos so I don't get bored. If you have Netflix, they have TONS of stuff you can watch on demand instead of waiting on them to show up - even all of Jillian Michael's videos.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:09 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• lol, middleport is in the sticks.. we don't have a lot of options as far as gyms or baby boot camps, lol, not unless I want to drive an hour to Buffalo.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 4:27 PM on Mar. 10, 2009