Clomid?

Ok, Im a little confused. Im about to start takeing the drug this month but I have no idea what an HCG shot is? I was told that I take clomid days 3-7 and then come in for an ultra sound on days 21-23 I think. My OBGYN never said any thing about an HCG shot. So can any one explain this and also tell me exactly why she is wanting me to come in for another ultra sound at that time this month? I'm getting a little scared about this whole thing cause everyone talks about how bad they cramp and Im such a wuss!

LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Asked by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 12:22 PM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I amnew to this too. Actually having to wait to start clomid till hubby gets off deployment. Anyway,
    not sure on the shot part of it, but I know that there are a few ultrasounds involved. The one they called the clomid ultrasound for me is set for around the 11th day. this is to determine how much of the drug i need, the other is to check the amount of follicles for the iui.
    anorman08

Answer by anorman08 at 12:34 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I took Clomid and had the HCG shot along with it.
    I took it on days 3-7. I also had a sono on day 16. I was using OPK also. I got a + on cycle day 16. I had the HCG shot on cd 17 ( which was to release my follicles)
    it kind of hurts a bit but at least you will know what day you ovulate.
    Good luck ladies
    Anonymous

• I actually just went through this...I took clomid on days 3-7 and went in on day 14 so I should have been ovulating or very close...they did an ultra-sound and my follicles were at 20 and 22...24 is typically ovulation...however he told me to go home and have intercourse and to come back the very next day so he could do another ultra-sound to see if I ovulated...at this point my follicles were 25 there-fore I did NOT ovulate I was just hitting my LH surge and ready to flat line even with the clomid..so this is where the HCG shot comes in affect...they give it to you to actually push ovulation and make you ovulate!! however depending on the amount they give you, you can get a false positive...example he gave me 10,000 iucs so I can test the 16th at the very very earliest and it's still possible to get a false positive!! my missed period would not be until the 21st
    brice08

Answer by brice08 at 3:25 AM on Mar. 11, 2009