At my wits end...

IDK what to do about the anxiety I keep having. I was adviced to go to my doc-which i will on fri. 4 an appt. but in the mean time- my mom will sometimes bring up something that concerns her which in turn concerns me. She's got me eating healthy meals everyday ( I haven't been able to squash even a tiny bit of my cravings for sweets) and I exercise every other day to mostly keep my mom happy. If i didn't have to, i wouldn't. But i'm overweight and the doc highly suggested a little exercise and less fast food for me. I'm worried about my glucous test and when i tell my parents, they just brush it off and say don't worry about it. I guess what i'm trying to say is, i'm holding alot of emotions in and i'm worried its bad for the baby. What should i do? I feel guilty venting on CM, to friends and sometimes even my parents. I need to get these feelings out but idk how to. Please help

discoveringme89

Asked by discoveringme89 at 12:33 PM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• How far along are you and are you on medication to avoid miscarriage? I ask from personal experience and can answer better when I know this.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 12:38 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• i'm 6 months along and am not on anything but my prenatal.
    discoveringme89

Answer by discoveringme89 at 12:42 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Girly go in the bathroom, lock the door and take a nice warm bath!! (102.2 degrees or less but that's actually pretty hot).

Your doing great by exercising and eating right. That's the best thing you can do for your baby right now. I'm also about 6 month along and sometimes the smallest thing practically sends me into a nervous break down so I have to back up and take a break.

You don't have to do it all, you don't have to listen to everyone's advise, you just have to be healthy for your baby. BREATH!! :)
    Anonymous

• I had them when I was on progesterone, but since that's not the case with you you may want to go talk to yoyur Dr. Did you have them before you got pg? I know some people they can get worse during pregnancy. You can pm me anytime...please do, I love having someone to talk to about pregnancy, I am 23 weeks due in July. I may have some other suggestions for you if I knew more about your situation. Try not to worry untill you have something to worry about. If you fine you are in the middle of a panic attack, get mnoving, I know that is the last thing you want to do sometimes, but if you get your body moving, just pacing back and forth even it will help to use some of that extra oxy and help regulate your breathing. There is a trick that was told to me once. Look around (if it's nice go outside) and name 10 things you see, then 10 things you hear, 10 things you feel, 10 things you can smell, if you can't name 10 walk and
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 3:25 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• look around untill you can. It will trick your brain into focusing on something else and regulate your breathing. Lijke I said please let me know if you ever need to talk. On top of knowing where you are coming from I am a birth doula and can help you with some pregnanciy worries. I hate to see women not enjoying themselves when they are pregnant. Add me to your friends list if you like. Hope they get better, sounds likeyou just need someone to vent to.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 3:27 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• it is bad for the baby,. go for a walk, alone and let it out, cry whatever....but your baby can feel your stress and emotions and feeds off that
    december911

Answer by december911 at 7:34 PM on Mar. 10, 2009