How does Obama answer the socialist question?

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/white-house-watch/2009/03/the_capitalist-in-chief.html
The NY Times came out and asked him if he was " socialist"
I think it rattled him a bit, what say you?
Sorry, long text on link, but good.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:35 PM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• That was hilarious. Telling them Bush was the socialist and he was using free market tactics. What an idiot..
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 1:47 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I'd be a little rattled and/or offended if someone asked me that, too.
    Anyone would be offended to be asked over and over if they are something that they clearly are not.
    It's kind of like asking you if you are a child molestor. Wouldn't you be 'rattled' ?
    Anonymous

• I think pissed him off would be a better term. He had trouble believing it was a legitimate question.
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 12:57 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Yes because the stuff he;s been saying and doing doesn;t scream socialism uh huh.I also like the way he pointed to things already been done it was as if to say well look and so why not go further? Why not bring in more and more government?
    Anonymous

• The questions and comments came up during the election so I would say that should not have surprised him. I think he was surprised it was asked of him "as the President" and by the NYT., the previous helpers are now asking what the opposers used to say.
    I think he was also rattled by the fact that this liberal newspaper asked him this question so outright and so early in the presidency. The honeymoon has been over for awhile, and he thought it would go on much longer. Oh well, get used to it Zero.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 1:08 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• How did he answer it? "Click"
    Anonymous

• For those of you who haven't been paying attention, or who don't KNOW the definition of socialism,

HE IS A SOCIALIST!

If he isn't, why not?.......
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 1:39 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Mustbegrace, did you even read the text and Obama's answers? It has to be annoying for him to get these sorts of questions.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 1:57 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• He was shaken by the question because he is not used to be called a socialist since he became the president
    Scorpio359

Answer by Scorpio359 at 2:00 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• If you listen to the audio you will LYBO he studders and chokes a bunch of times.
    Anonymous