How can I make my hair have more volume and look thicker?

Due to cancer treatments and early menapause, my hair is very fine, and thinning. I need a way to make it look like I have more hair than I actually do and I need more volume also. It is curly and wavy. I am still too young to look like an elderly woman.

ButterflyMaggie

Asked by ButterflyMaggie at 12:36 PM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Have you tried a volumizing mousse? If it were me, I'd try that. Blow dry your hair after you put it in with a brush....lifting your hair up and trying to boost the roots. (hope that made sense)
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 12:47 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Fudge, nevermind! You said curly and wavy hair and blowdrying probably isn't a good idea for you huh? There's got to be some kind of product you can use on the roots to help give them a lift without making the rest of your hair look frizzy. Have you gone into a salon for advice?
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 12:49 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Maybe you could get a spirial perm, tell the stylist to use 3 diff size rollers to make it look natural
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 1:00 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Don't they have a Rogaine, for women? I would try that (not the mens),a volume shampoo,and mousse. Panteen Volume. But look for the Rogaine
    Anonymous

• Big Sexy Hair makes a root lifter and also makes a volumizing detangler. Both are a little pricey, but work well. Good luck.
    haroldswife

Answer by haroldswife at 2:26 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I second the Big Sexy Hair products. The spray mousse is great! Controls frizz too!
    kassncam

Answer by kassncam at 2:33 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• You could always try hair extensions...
    blogginmomma

Answer by blogginmomma at 2:38 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Hmm...have you tried a piral sperm? If not volumnizing products might work if you use them right.
    roxxxy

Answer by roxxxy at 3:52 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Blow dry your hair upside down and spray it! It will help give you volume without teasing it.
    jewelrylady98

Answer by jewelrylady98 at 5:30 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I'm sorry to hear about your cancer. I'll keep you in my thoughts! Have you tried using a diffuser to make it wavy? That can make it look fuller. Also some good products to try are mark Mega Volume Root Lifting Spray With Soothing Geranium it holds really well. If you use mousse this is a good one, ADVANCE TECHNIQUES Volumizing Mousse and washing with ADVANCE TECHNIQUES Body Building Shampoo and Conditioner. All are very inexpensive and work well. www.youravon.com/dhullum use code fsany for free shipping (no minimum) ! Good luck!
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 8:25 PM on Mar. 10, 2009