when it comes to politics, how much would you say you know?

would you say you are aware of 10% of what happens,
30%, 50% or none or what?
do you think what you know is true? or is it true to you because you want to believe what you research?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:47 PM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• 90% of what is out there and as for knowing it is true, I do my research and come up with the truth about 80% of the time. This is my country and I have a duty to know what is going on.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 1:49 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• THIS IS HORRIBLE TO SAY , BUT NOT ENOUGH..
    Anonymous

• I consider myself a student of politics and history, I believe they are intertwined. I have always lightly followed politics and voted but only became really interested after 9/11. I try to keep up with what's going on.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 12:52 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• No matter how much you stay involved there will always be more to learn esp. with politics.

Anonymous

• It would be impossible to answer with a % because things are happening constantly. I think so much happens behind closed doors that we only get a small percentage of information on what is happening.
    Anonymous

• I love politics. I enjoy reading about it and studying it. I continue to learn more and more everyday.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:57 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I love to learn about politics and history but I do not know nearly enough. What I believe is true not because I believe it is but because I do research on whatever subject it may be. I try to look at both sides of a debate before I come to my own opinion. I could definately have more knowledge in politcs but I'm fairly informed on current events.
    trevsrockinmom

Answer by trevsrockinmom at 1:00 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I know a fair amount about politics and history and agree with Friday, they are always intertwined. I don't by any means know everything, and I learn something new everyday.
    Fiveofakind2

Answer by Fiveofakind2 at 1:26 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I am constantly educating myself daily. If I don't know about a certain topic I research it and look at it from all angles before I decide my opinion on the matter. As far as how long have I been interested? Probably the last 2-3 years. This last year has really opened my eyes.
    njmommy2boys

Answer by njmommy2boys at 1:30 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I would say I know what the media allows us to know, much is kept confidential. So maybe 10%?
    As far as actually knowing, people search out for information to only reinforce what they already suspect to be true. Conservatives go to conservative sources, Liberals refer to liberal sources, so we believe those things that we search out to begin with that will only make what we want to believe a fact.
    And everyone, of course, is right in their own mind.
    Anonymous