Could I still be pregnant even with a negative pregnancy test?

I ovulated between the 20th throught the 24th. We had sex over 15 times during ovulation. I have had some symptoms of pregnancy such as swollen and tender breast, darkening of areolas and some nausea but not throwing up. My periods are very very regular and i never skip a period. My period should have occured between the 7th and 10th of March. I took an at home pregnancy test today, the 10th, and it read negative. My boyfriend and I are heartbroken. We've been trying to concieve for a couple months and we really want a baby. Could i still be pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:49 PM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I got a false negative for 3 weeks with my son. I knew I was pregnant and just kept testing every week.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 12:57 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• It's possible to get a false negative but it's not possible to have a false positive. (unless you've recently had a baby and the hormones are still high)
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 12:50 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Yes. A positive is a positive, but a negative might just mean you don't have enough hormone yet to show up on a test. Wait a week and test again.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 12:51 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Yes.
    Anonymous

• 1st don't get down just yet. Unfortunately it can take up and often over a year to get pregnant. 2nd yes you can have a false positive. i would wait at least 2 to 3 days before testing again. also they say to test 1st thing in the am for best results. GOOD LUCK!!!
    Anonymous