What are some ways that I can increase my chances of concieving?

I've tried the most common things such as the elevating the legs for 30 minutes after intercourse, and gettting healthy and physically fit. I've also had sex many many times during ovulation. Does anyone else have any better solutions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:01 PM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Have sex every other day during ovulation, and tell him no funny business on the side. (No masturbation.) That should raise his sperm count a bit. Have sex too often actually reduces his sperm count and hurts your cause.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 1:03 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• get his sperm checked
    Anonymous

• make sure you both are taking vitamins. Have sex every 48-72 hrs, nothing more than 48 nothing more than 72. Make up stories and fantasies, for it helps get aroused better. Make sure you orgasim with him, also helps bring the egg down if indeed you are ovulating. Have your doc test your blood for ovulation, that puts a time frame of the day you are ovulating and check your cervical mucus.
    Prican91181

Answer by Prican91181 at 1:41 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• We had did the baby dance everday for 10 days, I was also using OPKs so I knew when we were ovulating. I would have a pair of panties with a pantyliner beside the bed, and I wouldn't get up after we were finished, I would go to sleep. We got preggo the first month. We also did lots of foreplay and didn't make it about making a baby (even if that was the end goal), we just made it about being with each other. Good Luck.
    Anonymous

• I heard that taking prenatal vitamins helps
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 2:28 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• with all you are already doing I would say go have both of you checked. And wait a full 24 hours between times you have sex so body has time to build up the healthiest sperm counts.Make sure neither of you smoke or drink as that can cause fertility issues as well. good luck.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 4:17 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• eat almonds i did and i was prego that month and i heard it helped others i hope it helps it but its worth a try!! good luck
    Anonymous

• I understand how you feel you want to have a baby really bad and sad that your not prego yet.....Well I have been trying for about 18 months and I have 1 ovary. I went for tests sent my husband for tests and all I did was think about it....Well I found a new OBGYN and she said Amanda STOP thinking about it and let it happen....Well Thats what I did..I said what will be will be and sure enough I am Pregnant and I am 7 weeks....Let it happen and free your mind Godluck
    MaMaTreZZa

Answer by MaMaTreZZa at 2:41 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I stopped my bc after many years & figured it would take a couple months. 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 months went by & it really sucked. You think: what's wrong with me, with him, with us?

I thought I would go to the doctor & ask for a referral to a fertility specialist cause my husband & I are young, healthy adults & there must be something wrong.

I went to the doctor in June. He told me they don't refer women to fs until they've been trying for at least a year. He told me to come back in August & he would give me a referral. The fs would contact me a week or 2 after that to schedule an appt..

Well sweetie, my husband is in the military & was deploying to Iraq in September. When the doctor told me all of this I cried and cried. I told my husband and we decided to stop "trying" and start "trying" when he came back.

I was pregnant a couple weeks later!

Easier said than done but don't think about it...just relax sweetie...
    CafeMomBinky

Answer by CafeMomBinky at 4:15 PM on Mar. 12, 2009