• In the Spotlight:

Help everytime I cough I throw up????

I'm going crazy here today and don't know what to do... I'm 9 weeks and I've been feeling good until today, I woke up with a cough and every time I cough it gags me and I throw up. What can I take to get rid of this cough, I'm tired of throwing up. I have 2 kids to take care of already and they are crying because they don't want mommy to be sick...my poor little guys.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:01 PM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• TRY A COUGH DROP.
    OR CALL YOUR DR AND ASK HIM WHAT YOU CAN TAKE FOR A COUGH.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 1:05 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• When your pregnant your gag reflexes are super sensitive. It could just be aggravating it when you cough, try and keep cough drops handy at all times..

i had the same problem and still have it somewhat today and im almost 39 weeks.

AlMPHETAMlNE

Answer by AlMPHETAMlNE at 1:12 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• sounds like you could have acid reflux. take some tums.
    momof3102

Answer by momof3102 at 1:14 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• vitamin c drops you are pregnant vitamin c drops sooth your throat and they don't have menthal in them so you can have as many as you want cough drops have menthal in them so you can only have up to two a day says my doctor... well i wish you the best of luck my sister has the same problem only her's is with hick ups
    scared_mommy16

Answer by scared_mommy16 at 1:25 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• go buy sucrets with menthol. they're safe to take during pregnancy and the menthol calms your itchy throat..thats what works for me
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 2:47 PM on Mar. 10, 2009