do you think?

marriage is out dated?? if your married , did thing change when you got married?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:03 PM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Relationships

• No, I don't think it's outdated. But I do think a lot of people grow up without good role models for marriage, and so they don't know how to be a spouse when they enter into marriage as adults. I love being married. I wouldn't have it any other way. Yes, things changed when I married. I became part of a team instead of a free agent. My life changed for the better, and it keeps on getting better, too. Weve been married 8 years, together for 12.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 1:06 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• No, I don't think it is outdated. Yes, when I married, the door was shut on my looking around to see if there was someone that I would prefer. Looking around was over with. Now, instead, my attention became directed toward the marriage, as far as wondering if someone would be more what I liked. It was no longer looking around, but instead it was now working things out.

Answer by Bmat at 1:07 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I think successful marriage is something that for many people is a goal for which we are destined to fail. I've tried it. I see no purpose for it anymore so would not do it again. I don't encourage my children to do it but wouldn't stop them if they chose it. Personally I think it's domestic servitude and is a power struggle of miscommunications and harbors doubts and insecurities but that's jmho.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:18 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• My Husband and I now feel closer that we are married.
    CristaJordan

Answer by CristaJordan at 3:14 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• marriage is not out-dated. i think that some people don't realize what marriage is supposed to be about. but when i was married the vows that we took that day actually ment something to me. some people today get up and say those words in front of thier family and friends, but they don't abide by them. me and my husband have been there for eachother through thick and thin. marriage just made him a permenant place in my life
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 6:17 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• yea things changed when we got married he thought he got total control of me he would go out i couldnt ( im a mommy and was underage at the time) then i became with my neighbor and she took me out and thats when the controling got worse its only a matter of time till im gone
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I don't think marriage is outdated, and it's for those that want it. I have been with my hubby for 26 years and we're not married. We love, respect, trust and admire each other for the people we were and have become. Personally I don't think that anyone needs that piece of paper to tie them together.
    meetzycat

Answer by meetzycat at 11:11 AM on Mar. 11, 2009