octamom

i was watching HLN and octamoms daddy bought her a 4 bedroom house. if you had the chance to help octomoms babie would you do it? and what would you like to see happen with this mess of a situation

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:13 PM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Yes If I could I would help her, Last night I saw the babies on ET (Entertainment Tonight) and those babies have changed and grown so much compared to what they used to look like they are so adorable, I pray all works out for them.baby dust

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 1:17 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• If I could help them I would take them away from her and give them to a better home. Which is what I think needs to be done. She was offered charity to have free round the clock nurses helping her to take care of the babies which would have cost $150,000 and she said no to that but yes to welfare? She is clearly a bad mother who just had these babies to get herself a check every month and not have to work. The kids need to be taken away from her and given to a family that actually wants and cares about children and could love them and give them what they need and want.
    Anonymous

• if I could help her it would be to rewind the clock and get her some help as in therapy. Maybe then she would not have felt the need to do this. I feel sorry for her and I fear what will happen next. So now we have a mom who had 8, next yr will another mom say"well if i want the fame I need to shoot for 9, 10, 11...?" when does it stop, how many babies need to be born with special needs and difficult circumstances before we stop feeding into it? scares me...
    Anonymous

• I thought she didn't want help. Wasn't that the whole debacle? She is refusing help from everyone but the welfare system? So, I guess in part I already am helping her kids. As far as taking them away from her, I suppose we will have to wait until she either endangers or neglects them and they will be taken from her care at that time. I won't judge how well she will care for her kids until she actually has a chance to do so. I will admit though, I am not on top of the octomom story, so I likely wouldn't know if she was neglecting them.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 1:29 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• If she is supposedly refusing help, she should be refusing a welfare check as well. If that is her reasoning behind not accepting charity, then she is contradicting herself.
    Anonymous

• Um, I believe what I heard was the he bought her this home and she is receiving help from a private organization that offered to assist her when the babies come home. That was on GMA this morning. They didn't give any specifics though. Yes, I would. I have seen many interviews with her and I dont think shes a bad mother. I think shes disconnected with reality and I think that she made some poor choices, but we have ALL done that. I think that the best thing for these kids is to stay with their mother. She has great potential, but she needs help. She just didn't want to admit that. I firmly believe that she loves those kids with everything in her. I think that the intense media scrutiny and criticism is enough to drive anyone over the edge and shes handled it well, even though she did admit that it hurts badly. Shes going to be fine and so are her kids.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 1:41 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• What does money have to do with loving your children? I do not agree with her creating this situation but just because one does not have money and can get away with having the government pay for her to stay home with them....whatever. I say it is her life and her children. Now if she didn't love them and didn't want them that would be different.
    Anonymous

• She and the fertility doctor are both irreponsible nuts. Its amazing to me that anyone would approve of what they did. SHe is not in good mental health,obviously,and she shouldn't have been allowed to have the embryo implants. What is wrong with that fertility doctor?
    Now she wants the attention , the donations and the freebies. Its just not right. Her parents allow her to do these things...they are enablers. She has no husband,no job,no life and yet she thinks having 14 kids is okay? Its just wrong. I feel so sorry for those babies.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 2:07 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• She was offered charity to have free round the clock nurses helping her to take care of the babies which would have cost $150,000 and she said no to that but yes to welfare?

I really don't like the lady but I just wanted to point out that she has excepted the free round the clock nurses. It was on the news today.
    trippyhippy

Answer by trippyhippy at 3:11 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Oh and she is not on welfare (yet). Her disabled kids get disability. Big difference.
    trippyhippy

Answer by trippyhippy at 3:13 PM on Mar. 10, 2009