I am EBFing and guess where I have a skin Tag?!!!!

I have been Breast Feeding my LO for 6 months and I have a skin tag at the very edge of my nipple. I am so embarressed by it ( hence the anonymity) I dont know if i should go to a doctor and see if this is what it really is or maybe something more serious..Please...does anyone have one of these at all? Have you ever had one? Please dont leave any rude or joking comments this is serious and I dont have time for Immaturity. Thank you ladies in advance.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:21 PM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Health

• If it doesn't hurt and it isn't affecting the baby's ability to obtain breast milk successfully, then I wouldn't worry too much about it.
    If it is really bothersome, then you should ask your doctor about it, but I'm wondering if you will be able to nurse on that breast right away in order for the site to heal once the tag is excised.
    Best wishes!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:25 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I get skin tags, though never on my nipples. But I do get them, and they tend to crop up with pregnancy. I currently have on in my armpit and I catch it with my razor sometimes - ouch! One of these days I'm going to just hold my breath and shave the little sucker right off! Lol... If it isn't causing pain or problems, I wouldn't worry about it one bit. I can't think of anything "more serious" that it could be, really.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 1:23 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I have a skin tag right by my cooter... try that on for size.. hahahaha... quite embarrasing... everytime I get a pap smear I either have a doctor or nurse ask me about it... ugh... thats annoying!
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 1:25 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• The Dr. said you could safely tie a piece of thread around it tightly and leave it there... It will fall off all on it's own.
    Anonymous

• anon is right
    Anonymous