Anyone else have mom's that hate them?

I swear, I wish she had aborted me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:28 PM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Relationships

• Wow! I'm so sorry to hear that. I feel that theres this huge gap between my mother and I because my father left her when she was pregnant because he didnt want me. She doesnt know that I know.. LOOONG STORY! But I feel like she can see him in my presense. I'm sorry honey that you feel that way though....If you need to talk... message me! =)
    staceybelly9

Answer by staceybelly9 at 1:30 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• My mom hates the person I've become.

I don't share her political views, religious views, moral views, food views, or pretty much anything else. I think she expected me to grow up to be just like her or something and now that she's realized that yes, I am a person with my own opinions and values...she doesn't like me.

I miss my boyfriend's mom. She was more of a mom to me than my mom. She died two years ago.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 1:32 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• You sound really depressed now. Mother-daughter dynamic is extremely complicated. I don't know what she did to you but just stay away from her now. You need to be around people who are going to feel your soul with love & not make you feel like you were never born. Surround yourself with people who are capable of love. My mother definitely had her moments where she hurt me too. She has past away. Before she died we reconciled our differences. When you feel stronger maybe you too could talk. Tell her how she hurts you. See what she says & you can go from there. If she continues to hurt you stay far away.  Hopefully she will apologize for the pain she has caused you.

Anonymous

• is this my oldest dd? If so, I don't hate you. I might hate some of the things you do. Sometimes a mother's love is misunderstood.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:40 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Not really, it is ME who hates my mother! Which is why I chose to disown her! Since finally growing a spine I've never been happier! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 2:19 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• i have a MIL that hates my guts though, and there's noreason why
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 6:11 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• My mother hates me. I am not sure how long she has, but I have felt this way for a good deal of my life. As she gets older she seems less tolerant of me and unable to hide her feelings, so it is becoming more apparent. I know that it was nothing that I did, I always tried to be the good dutiful daughter, but still the question always floats around in my mind - WAS it something I did? I have two older brothers whom she adores and I could never quite measure up to them. Maybe she just has room in her heart for them. I am dealing with it and trying to stay out of her life and avoid the horrible things that she says about me, but still things find their way to me. The latest was a poisonous hate - filled email she sent to my husband about me. When I want a good cry I just have to read that email. I never realized just how deep seeded her hate went for me.
    It is hard, isn't it.
    wyldreams

Answer by wyldreams at 4:14 PM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I am pressed to believe that my mother hates me as well; I have gathered that most of her despise towards me is because I have grown to live a life contrary to that which she may have chosen for me; I am now a married, mother of (3), @ 27, picking up the miscellaneous pieces of self discovery, and sanity; as often as I would care to rekindle a relationship w/ my mom, I must honestly admit that letting go was and has been the best decision I've made and I don't see myself subjecting myself to the detriment (ever) again.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:02 AM on Jun. 10, 2009