Getting Married...

How many of you got married due to getting pregnant? or Did you wait after the baby was born or when you were ready?

staceybelly9

Asked by staceybelly9 at 1:28 PM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Relationships

• My husband and I have been together for 7 years now (dating for 7 years).. We got pregnant when I was 17 and my daughter is now 3, and I didn't feel that we needed to get married at that time.. I felt that we would just stay as a couple. I wanted to wait, we just recently got married July 19, 08, and it was well worth the wait! We are expecting number 2 now, due in August! I think it is personally up to the person..
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 1:32 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• DH never ASKED me to marry him. I left in April of 08, due to the fact he didn't think he wanted to ever get married because he had never had a good example of what marriage should be. And by July 4, he had changed his mind. He called me to come watch fireworks, and after the long story made short we reunited, and he said, "I am going to marry you. Please don't say no, please don't tell me no!" Of course, I agreed... wasn't blowing the opportunity to marry the man of my dreams.

We started to plan the wedding for July 09, and found out in sept that we were pg. We married at the court house in Oct for his insurance. I didn't mind it, and it still hasn't really sunk in. I love calling him my husband, but when others say, "I didn't know you were married!" I feel bad, and have to tell them that we just haven't had a ceremony yet, and that they'll be invited!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 1:33 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• my second marriage was due to pregnancy. We married before. We divorced after.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:35 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• We had been engaged for awhile, and I was in the middle of planning our wedding when we found out that we were going to be parents. I stopped planning the wedding, and we got married 2 weeks after finding out the news. I couldn't see spending all kinds of money on our wedding when I knew I would want that $$$ to provide for our child. It has been a couple years and things are pretty great I wouldn't change anything.
    Anonymous

• I married my first husband due to pregnancy soon after we found out. We divorced when our son was 18 months.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 1:38 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• great stories ladies... Im just looking at Jessica Alba.. she got married a month? before baby, but whats the point of rushing... I mean I understand for religious views but... We had my daughter when i was 18, he was 19...we werent even together when i had her and the 2 years after! We got married in December((small ceremony with just family)) but we still want a giant wedding in July 2010.. =)
    staceybelly9

Answer by staceybelly9 at 1:41 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• My husband and I had been together for about 5 years prior to having the baby. We got married in 2005, and our daughter was born in 2006 and we're having an actual, fun wedding in 2010.
    lizzeh

Answer by lizzeh at 1:59 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• We were together 10 years before my first son was born and now #2 showed up last year. I'm planning our wedding for 2010 since it seems good things happened to us on even years - both kids were born! So we'll continue the trend.
    blogginmomma

Answer by blogginmomma at 2:47 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• My Husband and I before we got married dated for 2 years. and then I ended up getting pregnant at 17 and got married to him a month after my 18th birthday. We have been married for 6 months. Its not because I was pregnant that we got married. We wanted to get married anyways,we just didn't know when we would,but getting pregnant speeded up the process. We have been together now for almost 3 years come november 11th,
    CristaJordan

Answer by CristaJordan at 3:12 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Plus my baby is due next month,so I was 2 months pregnant when we got married.
    CristaJordan

Answer by CristaJordan at 3:13 PM on Mar. 10, 2009