Labor?

Ok yesterday I went for my 37 wk checkup. I am measuring at 38 weeks with lots of pressure. The baby isnt moving much. This morning I woke up at 5 am, got something to eat, and went back to bed. Then I woke up at 8am. Cramping, feeling like I got to push. Hurts to stand. I called my ob office, they told me to come in to get checked. The baby has dropped into my pelvis. And lost my plug last night. My question is that my stomach is getting hard. Like every 2o-30 mins. Is this normal? Is this true labor?

jessduncan77

Asked by jessduncan77 at 1:34 PM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• ya normally those are contractions i would call labor and delivery and ask them if you should come in explain your pain to them and tell them about the hardening every 20-30 min i'm pretty sure they are going to have you come in :] good luck
    scared_mommy16

Answer by scared_mommy16 at 1:35 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• It's hard to tell until the contractions get much closer together. This could be the real thing, and if not it sounds like it won't be much longer until it is!!
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 1:36 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Also sorry forgot to say...the mdwife said my cervix is thinning out...
    jessduncan77

Answer by jessduncan77 at 1:42 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I'd at least call your dr and let them know whats going on. Maybe they will have you go back in and be checked out. What your having could possibly be real contractions, but 20-30 minutes apart is a lot..and more then likely even if you did go to the dr's and you were in labor they wouldnt admit you until your contrations were much closer. But it doesnt hurt to be checked out just incase..you never know! Your baby could be coming sooner then you think!
    madisonsmom7197

Answer by madisonsmom7197 at 1:57 PM on Mar. 10, 2009