Was this what Obama meant when he said Tim Geithner was the ONLY man who could fix this Economy?

Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner is supposed to have 17 top deputies. Yet, none have been confirmed. Could this impact foreign relations for upcoming summit? Does this look unprofessional for a man who Obama said was the "Only man who to fix our ailing economy"
~
The British Government is finding it "unbelievably difficult" to prepare for the G20
summit because no one in the US Treasury department is answering their calls, Britain's top civil servant Gus O'Donnell has said.
There is nobody there," he told a civil service conference in Gateshead. "You cannot believe how difficult it is."
The reported comments come after Downing Street aides were left frustrated by the White House's chaotic handling of arrangements for Gordon Brown's visit last week.

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 1:36 PM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 1:36 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Nobody knows unless you just want to assume he was lying to get Americas support in all this mess. I have found Obama does not know much of anything involved with being President. It's amazing how little he knows
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 1:42 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• OMG, we are so screwed......................

Have you ever seen this country in such a state?
    You people complain about Rush Limbaugh, but anyone could do a better job than this man..
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 1:42 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• omg, i just posted a similar question.
    yeah, it's a problem people. all his potential staffers have tax problems!!
    Anonymous

• Change we hoped Obama could keep up with. Well NO he can't. hehe
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 1:47 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• If thats the case, then we are in a bigger mess than I thought. Hes only saying that because hes the one that put him there. If he isn't instrumental in fixing this, then its a personal failure. I don't tend to believe that he can fix this. Its an issue thats rooted in Americas greed for power and money. In other words....its in the heart.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 1:49 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Obama talked a good talk full of hot air. He knows nothing about running a country. He fooled a lot of people and now we all have to suffer the consequences. Personally I think he should step down he is a disgrace to our country.
    Scorpio359

Answer by Scorpio359 at 1:53 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Personally I think he should step down he is a disgrace to our country.

NO WAY, then we're stuck with Biden, or, if he goes with him, Pelosi. As incompetent as he is, he's still a far sight better than those he's chosen and those who are out to take him down and put Hillary in his place.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:55 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• * Scorpio359

Scorp...
    Obama talked a good talk full of hot air. He knows nothing about running a country. He fooled a lot of people and now we all have to suffer the consequences. Personally I think he should step down he is a disgrace to our country.

Couldnt have said it better myself.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 1:58 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Not Panicking
    I would taken Biden anyday over the A$$hole in office, Biden is stupid enough to pulled in any direction you want and he just says " well duh, ok, let's go I'm the sheriff!"
    With a Republican Congress in 2 years, hell yes!!

Reading Hard Times, btw, almost halfway thru it. Thanks on the note regarding the book being a good read. Wrote in 1970, but very relevant for today.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 2:00 PM on Mar. 10, 2009