Macaroni or Pasta?

We're having a bit of a debate in our family. When the kids ask what is for dinner I will tell them 'pasta' which I believe is a generic term that covers most varieties of shaped noodles (e.g. ziti, penne, rotini, linguine, spaghetti, etc). My SS disagrees and says that they are all considered macaroni, except for long pasta's such as spaghetti and linguine. I looked it up and I know that I am right, LOL, but I was wondering what you would call it?

not-the-momma

Asked by not-the-momma at 1:49 PM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I am Italian and we say pasta for anytime of noodle. Macaroni to me is elbow macaroni and reminds me of mac and cheese or tuna salad.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 4:53 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• pasta!
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 1:53 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• pasta!
    staceybelly9

Answer by staceybelly9 at 2:08 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I say pasta. When I think of macaroni, I automatically think of macaroni and cheese, which may not be what I am making.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 3:28 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Pasta.
    kimmykim

Answer by kimmykim at 4:10 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• pasta
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 4:41 PM on Mar. 10, 2009