when my water breaks will baby still be very active? and can it break and still have no contractions?

mommyjalomos

Asked by mommyjalomos at 1:51 PM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Your baby can still be very active in the early stages of labor and you will not necessarily contract right away if your water breaks. Sometimes it takes several hours for contractions to start. If your water is broken and contractions don't see to be starting on their own their are natural ways to augmentate your labor so you can avoid medical intervention.

Also know that your water breaking is NOT a reason to rush to the hospital. It can take several hours for labor to get going when your water breaks and rushing to the hospital is a good way to end up with a c-section.
    Anonymous

• i had to have my water broken to be induced but the contractions started or rather continued and got stronger and stronger after that.
    disheveled

Answer by disheveled at 1:52 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• when my water broke i never got contractions they had too give me meds too bring them on and yes my daughter was still moving crazy till they gave the meds
    greeniemommy

Answer by greeniemommy at 1:53 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• oh yeah and no i dont remember him being very active after that, you know hes dropped and there is so much going on with contractions he really didnt have any room to move around.
    disheveled

Answer by disheveled at 1:54 PM on Mar. 10, 2009