what's your take?

I'm not sure I really care to go back on birth control once I have Weston. I'm really not planning to have another baby right away, in fact for a few years. But birth control does numbers on my hormones and makes me a wreck. I gain weight, and I'm just not sure I want to believe in using contraception any more...

I wouldn't mind having a large family, I come from a family with 7 kids, as does DH...

How do you feel about not using birth control? (when you are financially stable and responsible and have experience managing large family life, enough to take on a large family)

Will I get frowned on for not wanting to take a pill every day or shot every month or have a surgery with an IUD that has to be tested several times over to see if it works? I'm not into creams/sponges... etc.

matobe

Asked by matobe at 2:09 PM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I don't see anything wrong with it if your open to have more children and are able to support them.
    I hate birth control. So far every kind I've tried sucks. Some people do great on it, but not me.
    I use NFP *Tracking ovulation, abstaining during most fertile days and counting days of my cycle*
    PinkDiamond717

Answer by PinkDiamond717 at 2:16 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• An IUD isn't surgery...your Gyno can place it in at your 6 week check up after your baby. It has no hormones or very little and then you only need to get it re-checked 1 time about a month after you get it in. I have one and love it. I hated the pill/shots and everything else that has hormones in it...it made getting pregnant for me very difficult. But if you think you are responsible enough to remember the family planning method go for it! I personally would forget and didn't think it would be good for me...but it is your and your hubby's decision and do what it right for you...and if you don't think people will approve don't tell them! We personally didn't tell certain people I have an IUD because we know they wouldn't approve...ie...my MIL
    mere417

Answer by mere417 at 2:17 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• i was on BC for along time since i was 13 didnt have sex til i was 18 but i told my husband im done i will not be on BC anymore its bad for us to be on it too long! if you want to wait for a few years after you have your little one then use condoms! i think its a good idea to get off of it! being on BC messed me all up! hope this helped! GOOD LUCK

woobie102

Answer by woobie102 at 2:17 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I don't like it, so I don't take it. I think it's terrible. There can't be anything good about messing with a woman's natural cycle that way.
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 2:18 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• these answers are exactly what i'm looking for, good job, and keep them coming, ladies!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 2:21 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I will only have two children of my own. I can and am managing a large family quite well. I have my DD and am pregnant with my second, and last, baby. I have guardianship of my three nephews. I plan on doing foster care or adopting after they move on to college. But I can't imagine having five or more of my own kids while children are suffering in the system. We will be surgically sterilized in order to prevent any more children, no need for pills, shots, condoms. I'm sorry if this offends you, but you asked. I think having children indisriminantly is wrong.
    mlregalado

Answer by mlregalado at 2:24 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• oh, no offense taken. i agree to disagree!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 2:26 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• You are awesome!
    mlregalado

Answer by mlregalado at 2:37 PM on Mar. 10, 2009