How is it that I'm not pregnant?

I really want to get pregnant. My husband and I are just starting out. Not with our lives but in the sense of trying to get pregnant. I love children and want a lot. However, for some reason my body seems like it won't allow me to get pregnant. Everytime we try nothing happens. My period comes right on time. This time my period is a couple days late and I do not feel it coming like i typically do. I went to the store and bought the First Response test and was devestated when the results came back negative. Could it be wrong? I feel like there's no possible way I'm not pregnant...but the test always tells me different.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:10 PM on Mar. 10, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• the best time to take a pregnancy test is first thing in the morning thats when your HCG levels are the highest and are easier to read on a home test. A home pregnancy test can give a false negative. try taking another test here in a couple days if you still havnt started your period. it could be your not as far long as you think you might be and your HCG levels arent high enough to read yet. Good luck and i hope things go your way.
    Anonymous

• When I was pregnant with my DD, I took a pregnancy test when my period should have started and it was negative. My in-laws were in town and we took them out to a couple of wineries. I drank more than necessary (of course, believing I wasn't pregnant since we tried for a year w/o any luck). One week later, I took another test since my period hadn't started and lo and behold I was pregnant. Want to talk about shocked, and then there was the guilt that I had gone out drinking. I had finally given up that it wasn't going to happen and that's exactly when it did happen. So, wait for a little while and then try again. I know that while I was trying my period wasn't regular. I think it was because I was stressed about getting pregnant since I wanted it sooo bad!
    Samanthasmom210

Answer by Samanthasmom210 at 2:27 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• the only way to know for sure is with blood test as home test (tho very rarely) can be wrong. Even at docs, if they test urine-its a home test that they use nothing fancey. You did not say how long you have been trying, or what your lifestyle is or bc before...there are alot of factors to "why not"...give it time and do not stress as that won't help. Good luck to you. :o)
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 4:15 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• You sound like me except I thought I was having sex at the right time every month for almost a year but infact I was clueless. The typical women ovulates 14 days from the first day of bleeding (period). You always count the first day of your period as day one. I would start having sex a week befor that so on day 7 start trying every other day and then I would do it about 4 days after the 14 day mark as well. Hope this helps and good luck! :)
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 5:05 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Hopefully you are pregnant. But if you are not, remember with each cycle you try the chances get greater and greater, if you are having sex at the right (fertile) time, that is.
    burning_woman

Answer by burning_woman at 5:09 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I stopped my bc after many years & figured it would take a couple months. 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 months went by & it really sucked. You think: what's wrong with me, with him, with us?

I thought I would go to the doctor & ask for a referral to a fertility specialist cause my husband & I are young, healthy adults & there must be something wrong.

I went to the doctor in June. He told me they don't refer women to fs until they've been trying for at least a year. He told me to come back in August & he would give me a referral. The fs would contact me a week or 2 after that to schedule an appt..

Well sweetie, my husband is in the military & was deploying to Iraq in September. When the doctor told me all of this I cried and cried. I told my husband and we decided to stop "trying" and start "trying" when he came back.

I was pregnant a couple weeks later!

Easier said than done but don't think about it...just relax sweetie...
    CafeMomBinky

Answer by CafeMomBinky at 4:13 PM on Mar. 12, 2009

• pregnancy tests don't make you pregnant...make yourself wait an extra week or two before diving into your drawer of preg tests...it'll be okay...if ur pregnant...u will be next week okay sweetie
    CafeMomBinky

Answer by CafeMomBinky at 4:14 PM on Mar. 12, 2009